Chapter-16 *Surprise Lunch*✔

*Max's P.O.V *

Even though I hated to admit it, I was looking forward to spending the afternoon with her.

Just us.

And God knows, why?

I was growing an attraction towards her.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked, looking at her beautiful face through the corner of my eyes.

Stop looking at her!

"Anything," she said, taking slow steps towards the gate.

We reached the parking lot, and I was mentally doing a happy dance. Finally, I'd convinced her, and she started taking an interest in me. I had to tell this to Kyle. He didn't come today because he traveled to Manhattan solving the fight between his parents.

I put the key in the ignition and started the car. She seemed lost in thoughts--or maybe she's scared because of my reputation. It must be hard for her to trust a guy like me. I really wanted to know what was going on in her mind.

Should I ask her? No, she wouldn't answer me. I had to ask her indirectly.

"So, are you excited? You know, you are the first girl who has gotten the chance to go out with the hottest guy in this town." I smirked, tapping my fingers.

"It's truly my honor, Sir," she replied, sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

"Don't tell me you aren't a bit excited."

"Yeah, I am, but not because of you. I'm looking forward to good food," she said the last sentence sadly.

I looked at her, trying to understand what was going with her. She was lost in her thoughts again. Oh, she must be missing India. I got the perfect idea to cheer her up. I took a turn and  stopped the car.

"Where are we?" she asked, looking around.

"Have some patience, my lady." I smirked.

We got out of the car and I held out my hand for her, but she gave me a glare.

"Trust me," I assured her.

She bit the inside of her cheeks and hesitantly nodded, placing her hand in mine. I was feeling so alive, having her hand in mine. We started walking towards the corner of the lane where I spotted the Indian Corner. I heard somewhere that they have the best Indian food. You could find different varieties in different stalls.

I glanced at Message who was staring at the sign, looking a bit confused, but when it hit her, her face lit up with a biggest smile I've ever seen on her.

"Indian food," she chirped, jumping excitedly making me chuckle.

I grinned. "You were missing it, right?"

She nodded and threw her arms around me. "Thanks a lot Max. It means a lot."

I was literally shocked by her sudden burst of friendliness. I hugged her back, but after a second, she immediately backed away. Maybe she realized she had acted differently, too, because she looked embarrassed.

"It's okay. I can understand your excitement." I nudged her shoulder.

Her face lit up again. "Thanks, Max."

"Are you hungry?" she asked, looking at the stalls.

"Just as hungry as you are," I chuckled. "What do you want to eat?"

"Naan-Daal," she blurted out.

"Okay, let's look for that," I said, but I didn't know anything about this dish or any Indian food for that matter.