Chapter-29 *Breaking the walls*✔

Ranking #8 in General fiction. Whoop whoop... Thank you for your love guys...

Enjoy the chapter!

*****

*Jessica's P.O.V.*

After ten minutes we reached the resort, and I realized I was still holding his hand. I quickly pulled my hand from his and nervously put a strand of hair behind my ear. I looked at Max and found him staring at me with a scowl on his face. He was probably waiting for an explanation.

I sighed. "Thanks for helping me out back there. After what happened I didn't expect this from you." I tried to lighten the situation, which obviously failed.

Please don't ask about Nick.

"Didn't I tell you to be careful around people?" Max hissed. His eyes were dark, and it was clearly visible on his face that he was trying to control his anger.

"C'mon, Max. He was the one who came to me, because he wanted to talk to me, and I was only trying to get rid of him," I said, acting cool, but on the inside I was getting frustrated.

What's his problem? He's acting as if I invited Nick.

"Yeah, I saw that. Damn, Jessica. He was all over you. Anything could have happened if I didn't-" He stopped to catch his breath as he was yelling at me.

"Wait a minute. Are you insane? What's wrong with you? For God's sake, we were just talking!" I shouted, shocked because of his sudden outburst.

"Talking? He was going to kiss you! Dammit, Jessica! You were screaming for help, and now you're calling it 'talking?'" he shouted.

His jaw clenched, and his face was red with anger. Then he sighed and closed his eyes for a few seconds to control himself.

My eyes widened, and then I realized he was actually talking about Daniel. Damn, how could I forget that? Anything could have happened if that person didn't- Wait, how did Max know about it? Does that mean the guy who saved me was Max?

Of course, you dumbass!

He saved me after what happened between us. He still cared about me. I should be grateful to him. Oh, God! This was too much! I shouldn't have come here. First Daniel, then Nick, and now Max . . .

I'm going to faint from all of this!

"Max," I almost whispered, slightly embarrassed of my actions.

He looked at me, and his eyes softened, realizing it. He took a step forward and hugged me tightly. I immediately hugged him back, and all the memories started replaying in my head again. What if Max hadn't come in time? I could have been raped! No, no! A gasp escaped my lips, and I realized I was literally crying.

Max rubbed my back and said, "Ssshh, it's okay. I'm here now. I won't let anyone hurt you. Just calm down."

I broke the embrace and nodded. "Thanks for helping. I always behaved like a bitch to you, but you never stopped caring for me. You were always there for me whenever-" I couldn't complete it, as I started crying again. I put my hands on my face to cover it from any further embarrassment.

"Hey, it's okay. Don't cry, please. It wasn't your fault. Things are new for you. It will take time, but you will get used to it. You just need to be strong, okay? Now, stop crying," he said, removing my hands and wiping the tears from my eyes with the thumb of his right hand.

I nodded again and gave him a weak smile. "I shouldn't have come here. This place is not for me. I was such a fool. How could I forget that such things are common at these parties? I am so stupid," I said regretfully, closing my eyes.