Chapter-41 *Taking few steps*✔

*Jessica's P.O.V*

"Hey," I whispered.

I didn't know the reason, but I was on cloud nine, realizing it was Max's plan. He did this for me.

"I was right, you are fully obsessed with me." He teased and removed the cloth from my eyes.

I looked up, a grin spreading on my face, and without wasting any second, I climbed in his arms. "Thank you."

He chuckled, "It's not over yet."

"Meaning?" I asked breaking the embrace. I looked around and noticed my friends standing in the middle of park with a huge smile on their faces who all claimed to be busy tonight. Tables were full with food and drinks.

"Surprise!" They yelled and cheered.

I laughed and went to hug them. I noticed everyone was here: Lily, Noah, Jelline, Nina, Kyle, Brittney, even Travis too. I smiled at him and decided to ignore hugging him because I didn't want to upset Max. I saw Sonia at the corner of the table. She was busy organising the food. I walked towards her.

"Thank you so much." I smiled gratefully and hugged her.

"It's nothing dear, and Happy Birthday." She kissed my forehead.

Jelline walked up to me and smiled nervously. "Hey, sorry about my behaviour. I talked to Noah and he told me everything."

"It was just a misunderstanding, so let it be." I squeezed her shoulder. "So, are you two together now?"

She glanced at Noah, "Not yet. He still likes you, but he asked me to give him some time. He wanted to give us a try." She blushed.

"That's great. You will be together soon." I hugged her. It felt great to sort this out on my birthday.

"Enjoy the party," she said and went back to the group.

I turned around and looked for Max. I saw him standing near a tree. He was staring at me. I walked towards him and took some time noticing his appearance. He was wearing a light brown shirt, the sleeves rolled, slightly tanned skin all the way to his elbows, revealing a white t-shirt underneath his collar. His blue eyes were bright and his hair was pushed away to the side. Looking past his dark blue jeans and besides the fact that his hands were behind his back, I noticed that his jacket wasn't on him.

"Done checking me out?" He teased.

I rolled my eyes to hide the blush. "Where is your jacket?"

He shook his head as I avoided his comment. Then after few minutes he replied, "I left it for a change."

I nodded and smiled. He decided to change this for me. Suddenly, he grabbed my hand and took me behind a large tree.

"I got you something," he said nervously and rubbed the back of his neck. He took a deep breath and brought out his hand from behind his back and thrusting it towards me. "Happy Birthday, Jazz."

I raised my eyebrow at the long velvet box which he handed to me. I carefully opened it, making a click sound from it. There was a silver chain with a small diamond pendant of 'J.' It was sparkling under the shadow of the moon. My eyes became watery as I always wanted a diamond pendant with my initial. I remembered telling this to Max, and it means a lot for me that he still remembered it.

Max smiled at me when I looked back at his eyes. "You like it?"

Instead of answering him, I jumped into his arms. Yes, it was second time today but I didn't care. "Are you kidding me? It's amazing. I love it, thank you."