Chapter-9 *Meeting The Jerk* ✔

<<< Image of the dress of Jessica>>>

****

I woke up two hours earlier than I had to, as I was very excited for my first day of college

I woke up two hours earlier than I had to, as I was very excited for my first day of college. It didn't bother me - I was a morning person after all. In India, I loved getting up early and sitting with my father, watching the news on television while sipping my coffee.

God! I miss that moment. Now, my father must be watching the TV alone.

I sighed and decided to look at the bright side of the situation. It's my dream, and now I'm just a step away to start the journey. I could talk to them anytime, so I shouldn't be sad.

Yes!

Joyfully, I called home and talked to everyone. I wanted to start my day with my parents' blessings. It was evening in India so as usual, my mother was busy in the kitchen and Roy was outside for coaching, so I didn't get the chance to talk to him.

"I know you will do your best. No need to get scared, sweetie," my father tried to calm down my nervousness.

"Yeah, Papa, but this is so foreign... I don't think I'll be able to find any Indian here."

"Don't be silly. You will be comfortable in that foreign atmosphere, and I'm sure there will be plenty of Indians." I could sense the uncertainty in my father's voice.

"Yeah, whatever the situation is... now I have to adjust here." I admitted and added, "Don't tell anything to Ma... you know her, she will freak out."

"Of course and drag you back to India," Papa chuckled.

"I'm fine Papa... just bit scared."

"I know, dear."

After that, I told him everything about the new city and the church I visited. He wished me good luck and hung up.

After that I took a long, relaxing shower. Once I got back to my room, I stood in front of my closet, eying my wardrobe, completely baffled.

Ugh! What to wear?

Finally, because time was running out, I decided to go with a simple, yet cute outfit. It was a navy striped jumpsuit, which was picked out by Mahi during our shopping trip.

My hair was still wet, which meant that styling it would be difficult. In the end, I decided to leave it down. I put on a little bit of makeup, including my favorite baby pink lip gloss and eyeliner. When I was satisfied with my look, I took a selfie and sent it to Mahi.

She replied immediately: looking hot :D

Me: Thanks sweetie. Just leaving in 5 minutes.

Mahi: Boys will be flattered. ;)

When I read her text, my eyes widened and I glanced at myself again in the mirror. I was so caught up in staring at myself that I didn't realised the time I spent standing there, holding my phone. I snapped out of my trance when I got another text from the impatient and crazy Mahi.