Chapter-46 *Do you trust me?*✔

A/n:-

Thank you so much for your love and support. Right now, Overall ranking of this book is #16 in General fiction and it's in Top 5 of HOT LIST. That's AMAZING!!!!!

Thank You!

******

* Jessica's P.O.V *

After the kiss and confession, we went out for dinner. The food was very delicious, but it was hard to concentrate on food when his intense gaze was fixed on me. He wanted to know the reason behind my sudden change in behaviour and I promised to tell him everything after dinner.

Now, we were sitting in the same park, which was officially our discussion spot. I sighed and took a deep breath. I explained everything about my family being traditional and how my mother got angry when she found out about him. His body tensed and his eyes widened.

"I knew something was up. I’m sorry for causing problems in your life. Your mother must be very angry, right?" Max said in a dull tone.

"Max." I took his hand, "It’s not your fault, and don't worry, I’ll convince her. She got manipulated by some stupid relatives, but once I explain everything, she will definitely accept you in my life," I assured him, but inside I was scared as hell. It wouldn’t be easy to convince her.

"Let's just hope for the best." He smiled and pulled me towards him. The warmth of him was so comforting and I let myself indulge.

"I really missed you," I said, suddenly choking up.

He hugged me tightly, "I missed you, too. All the time."

Waves of happiness and relief washed over me, and I felt it soak right into her bones. Dizzy with exaltation, I closed my eyes and savoured the felicity that fizzled in my heart.

It made me want to laugh and weep at the same time. The tears came up first, and they were all soaked by his shirt.

We finally broke apart. I liked how tight Max held me, like he was afraid of losing me, and I liked how he never wanted to let me go.

Then, the giggles attacked. I couldn't stop laughing and Max joined in. We glanced at each other and laughed uncontrollably, like inmates who’d dug through a tunnel to escape prison and finally saw the sunlight.

"We really are pair of idiots," I said.

"Yes, but you don't know happy I am right now." He smiled.

"I think, I do." I sighed and laid my head against his shoulder. "I promise I will never do something like this again."

"No lies?"

I nodded.

"But you have to be more open about your feelings. I think you are holding in a lot," he said, staring into my eyes. "I want you to tell me everything and if you are unhappy about something, then I want to know."

I looked at him, considering his words "Well, there is one small thing," I said and he raised his eyebrow. "You have to stop flirting around."

His eyes lit with amusement. "I wasn't wrong about having a possessive girlfriend."

I hit his arm and said, "What girlfriend?"

"Oh, you want me to ask you in a proper way?" He mocked.

"No." I bit my lip. "I'm not ready yet. I like you very much, but give me some time to move into a relationship with you."

********

*Max's P.O.V *

I was on cloud nine as soon as she declared her feelings for me, but I could sense something was still wrong.