Chapter-45 *Out of control*✔

** Jessica's P.O.V **

I have read books that talked about a feeling called passion and I never truly understood what the deal with the word was, but when Max touched me, I felt hot thrills running through me.

If this was passion, then I knew exactly why the protagonists in books always listened to desire instead of their brains.

Max closed his palm around the side of my neck and claimed my lips with a hunger that made me yearn for his touch.

Instead of pushing him away, I pulled myself closer into his heated body as he intertwined my fingers into his soft hair to keep me close to him, as if he were afraid I would pull away from him at any moment. It made me groan. He chuckled as he broke the kiss and brushed his upper lip with his tongue as if to ease the sting, and stared at me with his deep blue eyes.

"Jessica, are you there?" I heard Nina's concerned voice and my eyes widened in shock.

"Yeah, just coming out." I shouted.

This simple break was enough to pull me back to ice-cold reality, and I pushed him away. He frowned at me.

What the hell? What was I thinking?

That's the problem! I wasn't thinking, right?

"Not again." He groaned in frustration.

"Yes." I crossed my arms and his head snapped in my direction.

"Are you saying ‘yes?’" His eyes lit up.

I sighed, feeling guilty. "No, Max, I’m saying yes to the talk. I mean, we should talk about this."

I needed to stop this.

Max and his stupid teasing stunts.

He was making me weak.

"Okay." He grinned and grabbed my hand. "Let's go outside. It’s too crowded in here," he said, and without waiting for my reply, dragged me in the direction of the backdoor.

He surely must’ve come here many times before.

With other girls? Somehow the thought twisted my stomach into an unsettling knot.

"The weather seems nice, isn't it?" His voice broke my train of thoughts. "So?" he prodded when I remained silent.

"Max, please stop doing this." I sighed.

"Stop doing what?" He cocked an eyebrow.

"Whatever you’re doing." I glared at him.

"I will, but first you have to admit it."

"No."

"What the hell? Why not?" He scowled and took a step in my direction. "You like me, you can't resist kissing me."

"I don't. It’s just... infatuation," I lied and looked away.

"You do."

"Don't."

"Do," he said in between his teeth.

"Don't."

"Do."

"D-" I was cut off when Max lowered his lips to mine for the second time and my body betrayed me by leaning into him.

I shouldn't kiss him back. I should push him back to prove my point, but I was doing the opposite.

He broke the kiss and I felt empty. "Do?" He asked and rested his forehead against mine.

"Do." I breathed out.