Chapter-21 *Trouble*✔

*Jessica's P.O.V. *

We entered the college building and parted ways to our classes. I was happy that Noah and I had finally made up. I couldn't afford to lose a friend like him. I sighed and entered the classroom. I've decided that from now on, I'll concentrate on my studies. I didn't want any problems with my grades.

I sat in my usual spot near the window, looked around and realized that Max wasn't there yet. I shook my head and concentrated on studying. After few minutes, I felt a cool sensation throughout my body, and when I looked up, I noticed him entering in the class wearing his black leather jacket.

His hair was messy making him appear more hot!

His piercing blue eyes met with mine, and caught me staring at him. His facial expression was blank as he walked in my direction.

Since Brittany was absent today, Max decided to torture me by sitting beside me. Ugh.

I cursed my fate for pulling such a stunt. This was the last thing I wanted right now.

I glanced at him through the corners of my eyes and found him staring at me with an unfamiliar expression on his face. He looked sad, hurt, or I don't know . . . It was really hard to read him at that moment. My stomach twisted with the possible reason behind his sour mood.

Was he angry?

But I didn't do anything!

Oh! Maybe because I left him in the hallway?

"I need to talk to you," he whispered in his deep husky voice.

I gulped down, realizing he meant me!

"What?" I muttered and pretended studying.

"Not here, meet me after college."

"No, I won't go anywhere with you. If you want to talk then do it here." I crossed my arms as I leaned back in the chair.

He narrowed his eyes. "You think it can solve everything?"

I looked away,  perfectly understanding what he was trying to say. "Yes. You need to stay away from me! I don't want any kind of distraction."

When he didn't reply, I turned to look at him. He had an amused expression on his face, the I-know-what-you-are-trying-to-hide kind. Before I could ask him about it, our middle-aged professor entered in the class, and after throwing a wink at me, Max turned and started studying. I was so lost in staring at Max that I didn't pay attention to a single thing the professor taught us.

To my amazement, Max studied like never before!

Normally, I wouldn't mind if the professor decided to take some extra time, but today it was so difficult to survive for the whole 45-minute lecture. The reason? A jerk bent on annoying the hell out of me.

During the class, he tapped the pen on the desk twice making me groan, and when he realised it, he did it every five minutes to piss me off.

To top it off, he winked at me several times, knowing that it would distract me from studying.

And, he was damn right about it!

How could I concentrate on my old, creepy professor when a young, hot guy was stealing glances at me?

Okay! It wasn't stealing glances because he was doing it openly so that he could annoy me, and he was succeeding in it. It got worse and worse by the minute.

"You know, I'm actually enjoying this. I should annoy you more," he smirked and whispered, earning a death glare from me.

I wanted to kick him badly where the sun didn't shine just so he could leave me alone.