Chapter-20 *Misunderstanding* ✔

*Jessica's P.O.V. *

I was walking down to the hallway completely oblivious to everyone surrounding me.

I just wanted to go home.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice where I was going, and bumped into someone, almost falling on my butt.

"What the hell?" I shouted, letting out all my frustrations as the hands had steadied me and settled me back straight.

I looked up and my eyes widened noticing it was Cole.

Crap! Crap!

"I'm sorry sweetheart." He grinned as I stepped away from him.

I opened my mouth to gave him a sarcastic reply but, before I could say anything, I noticed Max approaching us, looking extremely pissed.

Oh no!

"Cole, what are you doing here?" he asked, angrily.

"Just helping a newbie." Cole shrugged, but I could sense a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Stay away from her." Max glared at him.

Cole stared at Max for few seconds, and then smirked. "Ah, this is quite interesting. But, sorry dude You're no one to give me orders." Then he turned to me and added, "I'll see you in class, sweetheart."

"You-" Max started but Cole ignored him and walked away to the class.

"Asshole," Max muttered and exhaled loudly. Then he looked at me and said, "Listen Jessica, as far I know him, he won't bug you, but if he-"

I interrupted him, "Max, I can manage."

After that, I turned around and stepped inside the classroom, ignoring the shocked Max behind me.

I knew Max was just trying to help but I need to stay away from him!

I opened my books and started reading it. Suddenly, I felt someone's presence behind me and I lifted my face to meet the devil who was grinning widely: Cole.

"Can I sit here?" he pointed to the chair besides me.

As soon as those words slipped from his mouth, my jaw dropped from the shock. My face stuck in an incredulous expression and my brain started a marathon to make sense of his sudden friendliness.

Cole must have noticed my horrified expression as he rolled his eyes and sat beside me.

What the hell does he want now?

"I won't bite, so chill," Cole smirked as usual.

"What do you want?" I managed to ask.

He stared at me for few seconds, like trying to read everything about me, and then shook his head. "Just want to know you."

"So that you can make my life more difficult?" I snapped.

"It wasn't for you." he quickly defended his actions.

"But, I was also involved. You should have thought twice before pulling such dirty stunts," I hissed.

He chuckled. "Really? Sorry babe, I didn't notice you."

Ouch!

"Then what makes you notice me now?" I retorted back.

"Hmm. Now I get it, why he was being so protective for you," he said, ignoring my question.

"Who?" I asked, confused.

Before he could answer, our teacher entered in the class and Cole went back to his seat.