Bonus chapter - 5

"Wow jazz, this is so beautiful."

I grinned at Mahi who was staring at my bridal outfit. "I know."

"But... How did you manage it? I mean how on the earth aunty got agreed for such light colour lehnga for your wedding?" She gasped, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Well, you can call it magic of Max." I wiggled my eyebrows playfully and we both started laughing.

"No seriously," she stopped to catch her breath and continued, "What about the famous dialogue punjabiyo ki shaan?"

I rolled my eyes as I stepped out from the change room, wearing blouse and shorts only, leaving the heavy lehnga skirt inside so I could wear it later.

"You're such a drama queen. But answer to your question is, yes it was hard to convince mumma but as you know it's a ritual that bridal dress should be from groom side so whatever they choose we have to accept it." I shrugged.

"Excuse me mam, please sit here," one of my make-up artist said, pointing towards the chair and handed me a apron. "And wear this, to cover your beautiful blouse."

I smiled, doing the same and glanced at my pale blush pink lehnga. The entire lehnga was crafted in silk floss and gold and silver 'tila' work. It was simple but extraordinary dress. I remembered clearly when I told Max about my dream of wearing a Sabyasachi lehnga on my wedding and here, he got it for me.

I knew she is tough and conservative but mothers only want best for their children. In the end, after taking so much time, she finally accepted Max from her heart. Now, she adored him like his own kid.

"Now, I also want a foreign guy for myself," Mahi let out a dreamy sigh and changed into her dress as well.

"I can easily fix that, if you want," I winked at her and smiled mischievously.

She narrowed her eyes at me, placing her hand on her hips. "What's cooking in your devil mind, jazz?"

"Mahi Mam, please sit down."

Mahi pouted when her make-up artist called her.

"Mam, please leaned down and don't open your eyes," my make up artist requested probably getting frustrated with our continues chatter.

I nodded and smirked at Mahi, "Later."

"You better," she mumbled before sitting down on the chair.

***

"Look who's texting me," Mahi wiggled her eyebrows, lifting her face from the phone.

I looked at her from the corner of my eyes and the first thing I noticed was, how beautiful she was looking in a royal blue Georgette saree which was plain but with a sequence border only which she paired with a black sleeveless blouse and diamond earrings. She decided to had a low loose bun with letting out few flicks on her face and smoky eye-makeup.

"You're looking gorgeous," was the first thing I blurted out and then smirked, "you are going to kill lots of foreign boy today."

Her mouth hung open. "Jessica kapoor, what the hell are you planning? Tell me now or..." She trailed off.

"Or?" I raised me eyebrows.

She grinned, showing me her phone. "I won't tell you whose message is this?"

I chuckled, looking back at the mirror and realized my hairstyle was almost done. "Then don't tell me."

"Of course because you already know." She huffed then added, "but you don't know what he said, right?"