Bonus chapter - 6

In and out, I mumbled, inhaling deeply.

"Dude, you need to relax," Kyle chuckled at my situation.

"I'll ask you the same thing, when you're forced to wear this attire," I gritted out.

"Woah... No one forced you." he held up his hand in mocked surrender. "You were keen to give Jessica, her dream wedding."

"Which I still want to," I shot back.

"Then you need to chill out, Max" He crossed his arms.

I closed my eyes and let out a deep breath, realizing that Kyle was right. It was my Decision to wear this sherwani.

"Max, we have that suit as option. You can changed into that. I'm sure Jessica won't mind it."

I opened my eyes and saw Kyle staring at me. "No. I'm fine. I'll complete the wedding according to her custom only."

Then, I turned around and looking myself in the mirror. My hand-embroidered ivory raw silk sherwani was made by Sabyasachi. They suggested me to completed the ensemble with a rose silk Kota safa (turban) and a tussar stole with zardosi work along the border.

It wasn't like the dress was heavy... But it was difficult to carry the heavy stole with the grace, a groom supposed to. After watching several videos and practising it for hours, I was still a nervous wreck. In the addition of my discomfort, they placed a turban on my head.

I didn't tell her about my plan of wearing an Indian groom dress. It would be a big surprise for her.

I unlocked my phone and sent a text to Mahi, asking if they are ready or not. In a minute, I got her reply that they are ready and waiting for Travis to pick them up.

I scoffed and turned to Kyle, "Why Travis is picking them up?"

"Someone is jealous," Kyle whistled, earning a glare from me and added, "Roy is supposed to be at entrance for the grand welcome of the groom so Travis insisted that he would go as he is her close friend."

I knew Travis was no harm as he was in a serious relationship with Nina but I couldn't help being jealous as he got to see her first instead of me.

I sent another text to Mahi, asking for Jessica's picture but received a emoji showing her tongue which made me chuckled. After knowing Mahi very well, it was clear that she won't miss a chance to torture me.

"Alright, let's do it," I sighed and walked towards Kyle who was looking at me weirdly. "What?"

"Are you suffering from pre-wedding jitters? If you're then sorry... I can't help you out. I've zero experience in this area but I can call your dad or Cole?" He rambled out but I noticed only one word.

"Cole? He is here?" I shouted.

"Yeah," He scratched the back of his neck and said, "Just an hour ago. Actually Jessica invited him and asked not to tell you. Now, she will we pissed."

I jumped to hug him and said, "She won't and thank you." With that, I was out of the door and went downstairs to found my brother.

Brother

I never thought, I would call him my brother again but Jazz, she never gave up. Something in my stomach fluttered, remembering how hard she tried to solve everything between us. I clearly remembered how she scolded me when I tried to shut her out from this topic.

Cole is family Max and you need to accept this. Willingly or not. It's up to you. I've already accepted him as my brother in law so you better don't try to create any distance between us.

After her numerous failed attempts and apologies from Cole, I finally forgave him. It was then, I realized it was necessary to forgave, in order to move on in your life.

If we want peace in our life, we need to learn forgive and forget.

It was a decision which brought lots of happiness in my family, bringing us close to each other. Cole was busy with the new business set-up of his wife in France, who was a famous fashion-designer. They wanted to attend the wedding but with the opening date approaching quickly, it was impossible. So, it was a really a big surprise that Cole was here.

"Oh, Max you're looking so lovely dear," My mother stopped me and engulfed me in a hug. "I'm sure Jessica will be amazed to see you in this."

"Thank you mom." I kissed her cheeks and asked, "Where is Cole?"

"So you found out?" She chuckled and pointed towards a room.

I grinned and quickly walked there. I turned the doorknob and found it unlocked. As I stepped inside, I noticed him getting ready infornt of a mirror. He must have sensed my presence because he immediately turned and a grin replaced the frown on his face. "Max!"

We both hugged each other before his phone started ringing. It was Maria, he said and answered the call. He went into a corner and took few minutes to complete the call. "I hope everything is fine there?" I asked, referring to the call of his wife.

"Yeah, Maria apologised for not attending the wedding. Someone needed to be there."

"No problem. I'm just happy that you're here," I smiled softly.

"Me too, bro."

*

"Don't you think music is too loud?" Kyle started complaining as we reached towards the venue.

I rolled my eyes and continued looking around with a bright smile on my face. Everything was so perfect as Jessica showed me in pictures. The decorations was amazing with so many lights and floral designs, ornate furniture, statues of beloved deities, candles, chandeliers, bright fabrics and many other things, I couldn't describe.

I re-adjusted the floral garland around my neck, I was wearing which her relatives gave me as the acceptance in their family.

Then my eyes Flickered to the place in the corner which was decorated with with golden and red fabric. I remembered, Jessica telling me about this place where we will actually perform our marriage ceremony.

Mandap (Altar)

I noticed, there were four pillar holding up the mandap which represent the four parents who work hard to raise their children.

Suddenly, kyle tugged my arm and titled his head towards my right direction. I turned and saw Jessica's mother coming towards me with a plate in our hand.

She stopped in front of me and smiled kindly. Then she applied something red on my forehead.

It was a small ritual about which i already read on internet.

After that, they took me to mandap where I was going to wait for my bride.

My bride

The thought itself bring excitement, making my palm sweaty. My breath hitched when I heard the song changed to a small melody, indicating bride has arrived. The entrance was on my left side and I saw everyone looking there with eagerness to get a glimpse of bride.

My heart started racing and I inhaled deeply to calm my nerves.

Slowly, I turned my head and saw her.

*

With true love you feel like the other is the reason your life is beautiful.

My life is beautiful