Chapter-34 *The Deal* ✔

*Jessica's P.O.V*

It was so difficult to spend my time in college. I was waiting desperately to meet Max as soon as it was over. When I met Nina this morning, she was very upset because of her so-called boyfriend. He cancelled their special date at the last moment because of some urgent work. Urgent work, my foot! He must be busy partying or drugging himself.

Dammit! How could he do this to her?

I felt so bad for Nina. Although, it was her mistake, too. He had wrapped her around his little finger and she willingly did everything he wanted her to do. She was so excited for this date as they didn't get any alone time yesterday on her birthday, so they were going out today to celebrate. Then, he cancelled their plans via text message. He didn't even apologize to her over the phone. Just the simple text:

Got some urgent work. Have to cancel the date. Ttyl

She tried calling him, but it went straight to his voicemail. Asshole! It was difficult for me to control my anger, so I decided to leave her alone. I thought about skipping my first class to find Max, and, when I finally showed up, he wasn't there. I tried calling him and sent him several texts, but he didn't reply. He had an irritating tendency to avoid calls and texts, but finally during lunch, my phone vibrated. I sighed and took a breath of relief. It was a text from him:

Don't worry, Date is on ;)

I rolled my eyes reading it, but I didn't reply. I knew it was useless to argue with him about its not being a date. When the final bell rang, I rushed out of the class and ran towards the parking lot. Suddenly, I bumped into a hard chest, but before I could fall backwards, someone grabbed my waist pulling me towards him. My heartbeat accelerated and I was breathing heavily, placing my hand over my chest. Then, I lifted my head and found a pair of grey eyes smiling at me.

He removed one of his hands from my waist and pinched my nose, "Careful, my lady." His other hand remained on my waist, holding us together.

I laughed and playfully punched his chest. "As you say, Sir Travis," I replied and we both burst out in laughter.

He released me and cocked his eyebrow, "Why were you running so fast? You could have gotten hurt."

"But you caught me on time. Thanks." I smiled and avoided his question.

"No worries! It's my pleasure to help a beautiful girl like you." He winked.

Before I could say anything, I felt a hand slipping around my waist. I turned my face and saw Max glaring at Travis. He harshly pulled me towards him and said, "It's getting late. Let's go."

"Yeah, I was just-" I couldn't complete my sentence before he started dragging me with him, towards his car. I turned around and shot an apologetic smile towards Travis. He nodded and waved his hand. I felt bad for leaving him like this, and I would have stopped right here if it wasn't for Nina. I needed Max's help, so I had to tolerate his non-tolerant behaviour.

Jerk!

When we reached the car, he jumped into the driver seat, leaving me behind him. When I didn't move, he rolled down the window and shouted, "What? Get inside the damn car."

I flinched from the anger in his voice. What was wrong with him? Just because I need his help, doesn't mean he could treat me like this. I won't accept his shit, whatever the matter is.

I scoffed and sat in the car. "What was that?"

"What are you talking about?" he asked and started the car.

"Max, don't act innocent. Just tell me what the hell was that?" I hissed.

He turned his face and looked at me. His eyes were burning from the anger. "As if you don't know. Plus, you are the one who is acting, not me." He scoffed.