Chapter- 8 *First Day Out* ✔

It took about 15 minutes to reach there

It took about 15 minutes to reach there. I was speechless when I stepped outside the car; whatever I heard about this beautiful church was nothing compared to the truth. The church was painted in white with two large wooden doors at the front, which were already opened. I noticed few people waiting outside the church; probably for their relatives. As I was stepping up the stairs, I felt a bubble of peace forming inside my heart.

I was glad I decided to come here. I tried to search for a temple also, but they don't have any in downtown Brooklyn. I wasn't like those people who won't go in church in the name of religion. I didn't believe in such crap. I finished my high school from a Christian school, and there wasn't a single day when I didn't visit the small church of the school.

We went inside and I felt calm. All the worry and nervousness had vanished. There were many big glass-stained windows. The wooden benches and the floor was made with white marble. The church was crowded, yet, there was peace.

I knew it was a mega church with thousands of people in the congregation, but there was more than that - the Holy Spirit was there. There was an air to the place that would probably leave you in tears. Pastor Cymbala, his wife, the choir, Pastor Dilina, and more, all had a voice that could speak straight to you or through you even when you were sitting on the balcony at the edge of the Tabernacle.

I didn't realise when I'd started moving.

Wow, it was an amazing experience. I decided I was going to come here every Sunday. Despite of the fact, I wasn't Christian, I love spending time in church.

After the morning mass was over, we decided to head for the lunch.

Noah suggested we go for pizza, and he knew just the place; Pizza Plaza. Noah dropped us off up front to park the car around the corner, but not before he wound the window down, and drove slowly alongside us.

"Hey, Jassica!" Noah shouted. "Try to grab a corner seat." He winked at me.

I looked at Nina. She just rolled her eyes and carried on walking inside, taking no notice. I quickly nodded and followed Nina.

As I turned around I bumped into a hard body, flailing, and eventually falling backwards onto the concrete sidewalk. The guy responsible carried on walking; all I saw were his ocean blue eyes and his light brown hair that covered his forehead. He didn't even notice me, though.

'Hey wait', I wanted to scream, but I was too in shock to respond.

What a jerk!

"Jassica, are you okay?" Noah came running in and gave me his hand.

I nodded, rubbing the back of my hand. I was so embarrassed.

"Hey, no need to be embarrassed. It's not your fault," he said with genuine concern.

I gave him a small smile and started walking.

"By the way, did you see who it was?" He asked angrily and I just stared at him.