Chapter 19

Mattheo

We were eating dinner and talking. I was sat next to angel and opposite Esmerelda. There was a knock at the door. "Angel can you get it?" Esme says.
"Sure, matty you coming?" She says standing up.
"Yeah," i say getting up.

She opens the door. Oh my fuck. Paige? "Hey angel my mother sa- Mattheo?" She says holding cakes in her hand. "Paige?" I say. Fuck i have missed her. Its been almost half a decade. "What are you doing here?" She says walking inside.
"You guys know each other?" Angel says.
"Yeah he was my bestfriend," she says. I just nod.
"Oh right," angel says taking the cakes from paige.
"So what the fuck are you doing here?" She says.
"Thats my girlfriend, where the hell did you go?" I say referring to her disappearance 4 years ago. "Oh, right, we have a lot of catching up to do.." she says looking at me.
"Yeah we do," i say.

We go back to the dining room and sit down. "Hey paige! You alright," ryder says.
"Im fine, what about you," she says sitting next to him.
"Im all good, what brings you here?" He says.
"Just dropping off some cakes my mum made," she says.
"When can i see your mum again? Oi mattheo, her mum is a fucking milf. You have got to meet her," he says to me.
"Oi!" Angel says.
"I have already met her," i say taking a sip of my drink.
"Really when?" He says.
"Ryder please don't," Paige interrupts.
"Uhm okay.." he says.

We finish our food and go to angels room. "So, why'd you leave?" I say.
"Mum wanted to get away from you know who," she says.
"You mean my father," i say. She nods.
"Where'd you go?" I say.
"I moved and i live next to your girlfriend," she says smiling at angel.
"Wait so how do you guys know each other?" Angel says.
"She was my best friend for 10 years until she left and i never saw her again. No note, nothing." I say letting my anger out.
"It wasn't my choice," Paige says giving me a sadistic look.
"You could have at least said goodbye," i say.
"Im sorry," she says.
"You left me alone, you left me to deal with him alone." I say regretting what i said as a tear fell down my cheek.
"I think i should go," Paige says.
"Don't bother," i say as i apparate to Enzo's

Angelica

A tear fell from his eye down his cheek. "I think i should go," Paige says standing up.
"Don't bother," he says apparating out the room.
"Mattheo!" I say as he disappears.
"Care to explain?" I say looking at Paige who now had tears in her eyes.
"He was my best friend, but my mum had enough of the dark lords orders. She dragged me and her out of the manor and brought us the house next door. She forced me to leave. I didn't have a choice. I tried to forget my past and start a new life. Don't think i forgot about him because I didn't, i thought about him all the time," she says sobbing. I felt bad but also i felt jealous. They had a huge amount of love for each other. But they both said they were only friends so it's okay. "Looks im sorry, but i have to go. When Mattheo returns, tell him I'm sorry," she says walking away.

Fuck me. That was, questionable. Mattheo had a best friend, who abandoned him. That best friend is my friend who is my neighbour.

I was in bed, I didn't know when Mattheo was going to get home but Enzo mailed me a letter saying he is safe with him.

I was trying to sleep when i felt him climb in to bed. "Princess," he says wrapping his arm around me. "Hey baby," i said in a tired croaky voice.
"I'm sorry for disappearing, i just"
"It's okay i understand," I interrupted. He smiled kissing me on the cheek.
"She said she was sorry," i said. He stayed silent.
"Are you genuinely okay," i said.
"I'm fine, it was just a shock. If im honest, i tried convincing myself she died. It just made it easier. Like she didn't leave me alone with him," he whispered.
"When you say him, do you mean?" I ask.
"Yeah, i mean Voldemort," he said. When he said his name i got shivers. "Its okay,"
I smiled turning around and putting my head on his bare chest.
"Goodnight beautiful," he says hugging me.
"Goodnight," i say.

————————
A/N wow
I thought we needed drama.