Chapter 45

Mattheo

When i saw him as a ghost my instant thought was: i need to find my brother. Tom, he fled right before the war. When he had the little encounter with angel, that was the last he was spotted. Turns out that was a way for him to have access out of Riddle grounds.

My father never let him leave, but when he needed me. He knew Tom was the only choice. Obviously my brother done his task but then never returned.

My father as a ghost doesn't seem awful as he can't do anything but i know he has some trick up his sleeve. Tom needed to know. He was the only shot we had at finding out what Voldemort wanted and why.

I sat at my desk looking through old papers i found in Tom's room. Something must show his whereabouts. "What are you doing?" She yawns.
"Sorry did i wake you?" I ask.
"No but why are you still awake? It's 4 in the morning," she said obviously still tired.
"I didn't notice the time," i said. That wasn't a lie, I didn't notice the time.
"Okay.. what are you doing?" She says.
"Nothing,"
"Mattheo you can't lie to me, what are you doing?" She says annoyed.
"Fine, you know when we saw Voldemort as a ghost?" I remind her.
"Yes i know when we saw Moldy Voldy as a ghost," she chuckled making me laugh a little bit. "Well.. i know he is planning something. The only way we can find that out is if we have his favourite son, Tom" i say. I don't care that I'm not his favourite in fact I'm glad I'm not, prove I'm the opposite to him and i actually have a heart. Well only for my Angel.
"But.. he hasn't been seen for months," she says.
"I know, thats why i'm trying to find him," i say.
"Maybe we could ask Leah?" She smiles
"Yeah but why would she know?" I ask.
"Everyone knows you're her favourite but doesn't mean she doesn't know her other son," she says. "True,"

"But can we find out in the morning? I wanna sleep," she yawns.
"Of course baby," i say climbing in next to her.
"Goodnight,"
"Goodnight,"

Angelica

I woke up and his presence wasn't there. I opened my eyes and his side of the bed was made. I stretched my arms out and sat up. "Mattheo?" I said looking around the dorm.
"In here!" He shouted from the wardrobe. I got up and the instant cold floor sent shivers through my body, god i hate the cold. I put a robe on and walked into the closet. He was sat on the floor with loads of daily prophets. "What are you doing?" I asked kneeling down next to him.
"He was spotted less than a week ago near hogsmeade, look," he said pointing to a moving picture. "We can always ask someone to do a tracking spell," i smiled.
"I guess, but who?" He smiles back.
"I know Blaise is good at them," i said holding back my laugh because of the memories.
"How do you know that?" He asks wondering.
"Long story short, last year i lost something and i had a huge meltdown about it. Blaise found me and done the spell to find it," i laughed.
"Why is that so funny?" He looks at me confused.
"The something i lost was a box of donuts," i said laughing hysterically.
"Why did you have a meltdown over donuts?" He began laughing.
"I was hungry!" I said standing up.
"You're weird sometimes," he looked at me chuckling.
"I'm gonna take that as compliment," i glared.
"You do that," he fake a glared back making me smirk.
"I'll go find Blaise," i said.
"Okay, but put some clothes on first," he smirked.

I forgot i was just in underwear and a robe. "Oh shush," i said walking over to my side of the wardrobe. I pulled out some leggings and a baby blue tank top. I put it on and said goodbye. "I love you!" He shouted.
"I love you too!" I shouted back from outside the door.

It was 10am and the only place Zabini will be is in the grand hall. Him and Theo's favourite time of day is breakfast. I skipped to the grand hall walking up to the boys. "Blaise," i smiled.
"Yes angel," he smiled back.
"Can you help me with something," i pleaded.
"Sure," he said climbing off the bench.
"Don't leave me with grumpy!" Theodore shouted.
"I'm not grumpy!" Draco said clearly in a mood. We laughed as we walked off.

"Whats got dray in a mood?" I asked.
"He witnessed Ron give Hermione flowers and said they love each other and that," he rolled his eyes. "Y'know i used to like her but after what she did to dray i fucking hate her," i spat.
"Same girl same," he smiled. "So what do you need help with?"
"I need help with a tracking spell," i smiled as we walked down the steps to the Slytherin dungeons. "Oh no, what did you lose this time," he laughed.
"Oh shut up, it's Mattheo he needs help looking for Tom," i said laughing.

He stopped walking and stared at me. "Why is he looking for Tom?" He asked confused.
"He wants to know why Voldemort is a ghost," i said sorting out his confusion.
"I knew he thought something was up with that," he said walking again.
"Yeah,"

We walked through the boys dormitories until we got to Mattheo's. I opened his door to see him at his desk going through loads of different papers and letters. "Hello mate," Blaise said walking in after me. "Hello," he said.
"Get me a map and something of Tom's," he Blaise smiled. Mattheo passed him a ring on his finger. "Will this work? He gave it to me when i was 12," he said smiling at the memory.
"Yes, now i need a map,"
"Here!" I said passing him one i found.

He placed the map down on the desk, he held the ring in his right hand. "Shit have any of yous got a knife?" He asked. Obviously Mattheo had one in his bed side table drawer.
"Why mate?" Blaise scoffed.
"I have my reasons," he smirked. Blaise cut a line of blood from his palm not making a noise, i guess he is used to this as he is the only one in the group who can get it accurate. He still held the ring in his right hand as he released the blood from his left into the middle of the map. He repeated the word appare and appareo in latin. The blood made its way through loads of woods. It landed on a house. "Mikado house," Mattheo whispered.
"What?" I asked.
"That's Mikado house, thats where Leah and Harmony live," he said swallowing a lump in his throat. "I'm sure they're fine," i smiled.
"Yeah. Blaise if you tell another living soul about this i'll cut your tongue out," Mattheo smiled. "Alright you sociopath," he grinned running out the room before Mattheo can kill him. "Thank you!" I shouted.
"You're welcome!" He shouted from down the hallway.

-

We were outside Mikado grounds. He held my hand as we walked down the pathway which led to his front door. He rang the doorbell and heard people running around. Harmony opened the door with Leah. "Mattheo!" Harmony shouted and jumped in his arms.
"Hello flower," he smiled.
"Hello son, why are you here?" Leah asked nervously.
"I know Tom's here," he said bluntly.
"Oh yeah big brother Tom. Don't tell him but i like you more," Harmony smiled.
"Trust me i like you more than him too," Mattheo laughed.
"Hello brother," Tom appeared behind Leah. He was a little bit taller than Mattheo and he towered over his mum. "Tom," Mattheo said walking in with Harmony on his shoulders and me behind him. "Why do you want me?" He said.
"He's a ghost," Mattheo sighed.
"What do you mean he's a ghost," Tom said as his face went pale. The only person who Tom Riddle was scared of, was Voldemort. "We were in the chamber," Mattheo said before he git interrupted. "The chamber of secrets?" Tom clarified.
"Yes that chamber, we were down there as our friend was unconscious down there, don't ask thats a story for another time. Anyway his ghost was down there haunting the chamber," Mattheo said.
"Why?" Tom asked.
"We don't know, thats why we thought you could help," Mattheo said.
"Absolutely not," Tom said "i abandoned him, i left him. There is no way he will talk to me,"
"Yes but you were always his favourite," Mattheo scoffed.
"I was wasn't i," Tom grinned.
"Thats fine i'm mums favourite," Mattheo said.
"Actually no, I am," Harmony smiled.
"I'm her favourite son," Mattheo smiled back.
"Mum? Are you actually going to allow them to say that?" Tom said.
"I don't have favourites," She said.
"Bullshit!" Mattheo shouted.
"Bullshit," Harmony copied making Tom laugh.
"Really Mattheo!" She shouted.
"You're not her favourite anymore," Tom laughed.
"Yeah whatever, are you helping or not?" Mattheo said.
"Fine!" Tom rolled his eyes.
"Alright then," Mattheo says.
"You're welcome," Tom rolls his eyes.
"Thank you," i smile.
"You're welcome beautiful," he grinned.
"Okay shut your mouth!" Mattheo stood up.
"I'm so sorry little brother," Tom grinned sarcastically which rewarded him a pillow to his face. "Boys! Not in my house!" Dante shouted stopping them from murdering each other. They both sat down looking like they are gonna kill each other.

—————————
A/N more Riddle brother moments coming soon! <3