Chapter 38

#LIB LANCE POV 

She took a book from the shelf and sat beside me. I put on my reading glasses and skimmed through the book's pages. She also flipped through the pages. I smirk and shake my head while looking at her book. She shifted her gaze from me and focused on the book. Her eyes widened when she saw the Yearbook from five decades ago. There was still dust on it, and it looked like it could tear easily. 

She sneezed when she brushed off the dust on its cover. I was already on the next page. I suddenly felt that she was staring at me. I slid another book towards her. It was all about Arts and Crafts. She curiously opened it, and her interest was immediately piqued. 

While I was busy reading, she was staring at me. "What do you want?" 

Napabalik agad siya sa pagbasa. "Ah, wala naman." she discreetly blew air. 

"Bakit ka nakatitig?" I faced her. 

Her eyes widened. She started sweating and seemed restless. She gulped and couldn't take her eyes off of me. I took off my reading glasses and placed it on the table. I gazed at her seriously. She was the first to break the gaze. Iginala niya ang paningin sa paligid. 

I smiled.  When she looked at me, I quickly replaced it with a poker face. 

"Ngumiti ka, nakita ko!" 

I stared at her innocently. She gulped again. Her cheeks are starting to blush again. I was worried that I placed my palm on her forehead. I moved closer and touched my forehead. Kumunot ang noo ko. Okay naman siya. I curiously gazed at her. 

"You seem well, but why are you blushing?

She stepped back and averted her gaze. I approached her again but she stepped back further. Hindi ko alam kung bakit ako ganito ngayon pero I feel excited and happy to see her like this. 

"Are you okay?" I was about to touch her shoulder, but she stepped back even more until she almost fell. But luckily, she held onto my sleeve. We were just a centimeter apart. Our noses almost touched due to our proximity. My lips almost touched hers. She let go of my sleeve and moved away. She almost fell but she held onto my sleeve again. 

And we both fell. 

She was underneath me and I was on top.  I could feel her breath. My heart was racing. 

Naramdaman kong may pumipiga sa dibdib ko kaya napatingin ako roon at nakitang ang mga kamay niya na nandoon. 

"Can you please stop squeezing my chest?" 

She stood up as if she got burned but also hit her head on my forehead. I winced in pain. She apologized. I nodded and stood up. I carefully helped her up, and she quickly brushed off the back of her skirt. She was about to leave but we bumped into each other. She was moving forward and I was going in the opposite direction. She hit my chest. 

I couldn't look at her. 

She left immediately and didn't look back and just walked fast. 

I was so close to her!