Chapter 40

#LIB LANCE POV

I regret accepting Raven's offer. If only I had not abode it, maybe up to now, I would still be the one you like. 

I was so excited when the school year started because I would see your smile again. But that excitement didn't last long. It turned into anger. You were with Miguel, and I saw how happy you were in his company. And I felt that you were not comfortable in my presence. 

I gave him a warning look, and I intentionally bumped him. A warning about the harm he might do to you. If he does the same thing to you as he did to others. I won't forgive him. 

Why did you like him, Lily?

Miguel was the last person I thought you would like. He's the person you shouldn't befriend. I know him. I know him so well that I even know his flaws. 

I'm back to my old self—the old me who fakes everything. 

"Hindi ko na siya crush! Hmp!"

 I stopped walking when I heard this from you. I don't know who it was for, but why was I affected?

I was more annoyed when Raven (or whatever her name was) called me, "Babe!" and she was about to hug me, but I moved away and passed by her. I couldn't help but let my facial expression change. I was so pissed. 

"Delete the post that you posted online, especially the account you created using my name and the photo that was supposedly for school promotion". I said in a serious tone. 

"Bakit ko naman gagawin yon?" Raven said as if she didn't take my words seriously. She had a cigarette in her mouth, and her legs were crossed while sitting in the abandoned room. Her friends were with her, laughing at the back. 

"Because I said so. If you don't comply, you leave me with no choice but to expose your misconduct inside the school." I placed the envelope containing photos of her bullying students and bribing teachers to pass and become my partner in the school competition on her armchair. 

I went to the canteen. I sighed deeply and was about to leave, but I had a change of heart. I bought your favorite drink. I went to your room to leave the drink I bought, but you were there, sleeping. There was no one else inside except you and me. I wasn't planning to stay long, but I found myself staring at you while you were asleep. As you were about to wake up, I was startled, I placed the cold drink on your cheek. 

I got worried when you muttered something while sleeping, so I called your name. "Lily."

You smiled. 

"Lance, gusto-"

Napaahon ka sa desk mo at tumakbo palabas na para bang ayaw mo akong makita. Na para bang diring-diri ka sa akin. 

Matamlay akong lumabas at aalis na sana ng biglang, "Babe Lance!" tinawag ako ni Raven. I looked at her, about to say that she should stay away from me, but I got distracted when I saw you and Miguel in the distance. I felt more disheartened and lost interest, so I just left and took the other staircase.