Chapter Three Hundred and Forty One

-Chapter Three Hundred and Forty-One-

"Well, this is pretty awesome" Luffy admitted from where he was keeping balance on the ship's steering wheel, tightly holding his hat down against his head as if to ensure it wouldn't be blown away.

"There's no time to be impressed, Luffy!" Nami snapped.

"Yeah, how do we get away?" Usopp worriedly asked.

"Stretch out" Luffy suggested.

"Cut" Zoro calmly responded.

"Kick" Sanji piped up, throwing out his suggestion alongside the other two.

"Those all are terrible suggestions and you should feel ashamed of yourself for even thinking they were good enough to voice" I frowned.

"Does anybody have a real plan?!" Usopp snapped.

"The Sunny's got your back, bro" Franky grinned as he worked his way toward the steering wheel. "Coup de Burst!" I grunted as my body was forcefully pressed even further into the wall of the cabin as the ship suddenly shot forward and up out of the gaping hole of the split sea.

"Yeah!" everyone cheered the second we hit the deck as the ship now flew through the air.

"Thanks, Franky!" Usopp praised...though our good mood was cut all too short as we soon loudly cried out in startled agony the moment the ship was suddenly struck by a stray bolt of lightning.

-Later-

"Now we're get roasted alive..." Chopper weakly moaned as he pitifully tried to fan himself. Desperately attempting to cool himself down from the intense heat which now ruthlessly bored down on us. After everything, the storm eventually passed and left behind in its wake nothing more than sunshine and an unbearable heat which did very little to bring us comfort. Currently, after stripping ourselves of our wet clothing and hanging them up to dry, everyone was lazing about the ship. Seemingly too tired and sluggish from the events of earlier and the current heat to really do much else.

"I'll take the alive part..." Usopp groaned as he practically melted into the floor of the deck.

"I'm impressed...you sure know a lot about the weather here, Nami" Brook praised, amazed by the navigator's supposed knowledge of the New World's weather.

"It's no big deal, I've learned as much as I could about the New World for the past two years" Nami admitted, brushing off the skeleton's praise with a small smile.

"Ayy, same here—though I'm sure we both learned two entirely different things about this place" I grinned as I looked up from where I had been boredly pulling on the strings of the hooded dress I now wore while I waited for my clothes to finish drying.

"I could really use a cold beer right now" Zoro suddenly grunted, waving his hand in front of his face as he lazily wrapped an arm around my waist.

"Cold water sounds far more refreshing than something as nasty as that" I rolled my eyes before giggling as I watched Franky happily run by, swinging a net around as he quickly chased after some butterfly that had wound up fluttering its way onto the ship.

"And I'm hungry!" Luffy suddenly exclaimed as he quickly sat up and raised his hand.

"Yeah, me too!" Chopper agreed, quick to follow in the captain's lead as he sat straight up.

"Oh yeah, that's right! We caught a huge fish back there!" Usopp suddenly remembered, causing the other two's eyes to brighten as they quickly began cheering in excitement at the prospect that we were going to have ourselves quite the meal today.