Chapter Two Hundred and Ten [Rewritten]

-Chapter Two Hundred and Ten-

"Stop yelling—if you thaw her out carefully, she'll live" Aokiji informed us as if wanting to quell our fears. "However, her body is extremely fragile in this state, so you'll need to handle her with care" he warned. "If any part of her breaks, she'll die—for example, if I were to smash her apart like this!" fear shot through us all as we tensed the second he raised and swung his fist.

"Robin!" Chopper sobbed.

"Stop it! Please!" I begged.

"No!" Nami cried as Usopp began to panic.

"Stop!" Luffy shouted, flinging himself toward the two and grabbing Robin as he dodged the attack before it could properly connect. "That was close..." he sighed in relief as Usopp quickly rushed over and snatched up Robin, leaving the captain to take the full force of the next attack the Admiral had sent their way. Instead of his foot connecting with the frozen woman and smashing her into a million pieces, it hit Luffy.

"Alright!" Nami cheered.

"Thank goodness..." I sighed, relieved to know that the woman was going to be alright.

"That was amazing, Usopp!" Chopper praised.

"What in the hell are you doing?" Aokiji frowned as Luffy grabbed hold of his foot, preventing him from going after the sharpshooter.

"Usopp! Chopper! Quick—take Robin back to the ship!" Luffy shouted as he did his best to hold the Admiral in place. "Thaw her out and keep her safe!"

"Right! You got it, captain!" Chopper and Usopp nodded.

"Skylar?" Nami questioned as I quickly scampered up off the ground and rushed past her, following after the two.

"I'm going to go help them!" I called back as I ran by, still tightly clutching my frozen wrist close to my chest.

"Hurry! But be gentle—okay!" Usopp worriedly shouted.

"He's cold!" Chopper squeaked.

"I know, but Robin's even colder, genius!" Usopp frowned.

-Later-

"She...she can't breathe like this...can she...?" Usopp nervously asked as we gently splashed warm water from the filled tub over Robin's frozen body.

"I think she's in a state of suspended animation" Chopper answered.

"Doesn't that mean she'll die if we don't do something?" Usopp whimpered, not really liking the reindeer's response.

"If we warm her up too quickly, she'll shatter!" Chopper frowned, quick to deter the sharpshooter from going too quickly in fear that the frozen woman would break.

"So we'll need to be gentle" I calmly said, the ice on my frozen wrist slowly melting as I kept it buried in the warm water while using my other hand to gently scoop and splash water over Robin.

"Right, we'll have to restore her body temperature from the inside out" Chopper nodded.

"Are you sure this is really going to work?" Usopp asked.

"I don't know, but it's the only thing that's—"

"Whoa! Wait a minute, you don't know?" Usopp interrupted. "This is Robin's life we're talking about here!" he frowned, causing the reindeer's eyes to water.

"Hey, Usopp!" I snapped, causing the sharpshooter to flinch before looking down. "Look, I know this is stressful and all, but there's no need to snap at Chopper, okay? He's doing the best he can—no doctor learns how to fucking unfreeze an entire person!" I scolded, not appreciating the tone he was taking with the reindeer for being uncertain.