Chapter Two Hundred and Seventy Two [Rewritten]

-Chapter Two Hundred and Seventy-Two-

"Now, prepare to die!" the warthog snarled as she raised her swords high, taking advantage of the fact that the two of us were dazed and nothing more than a sorry pile of limbs on the ground after our fall.

"Wait! You got it all wrong! I-I'm a transvestite—a man!" Nami frantically cried out as she quickly scrambled to sit us both up and clasp our hands together as she pulled me close. "Isn't that right, Skylar?" she asked as she pressed her cheek against mine.

"Uh...yeah, that's right" I slowly nodded, quickly catching onto her plan before flinching when the warthog now started to direct her attack towards only me.

"No, wait! Skylar's my lover!" Nami quickly lied which caused the sow to stop her attack as she now curiously looked between us as if she was trying to process this new information.

"That's right! I'm her l-lover" I had to choke the word out that sounded weird and almost unfaithful to say, even if it was a lie, it still left a bad taste in my mouth. Quickly did we both press ourselves against one another, innocently smiling up at the warthog as we held hands, acting as if we were nothing more than a loving couple that couldn't bear the thought of being away from one another.

"What?!" the warthog suddenly squealed, her voice now sounding more high-pitched.

"What?!" Chopper gaped in shock.

"Oh, come on" Usopp frowned.

"Y-you mean it?" the warthog hesitantly asked as she slowly started to lower her swords completely.

"Yeah! Crossdressing is just a hobby of mine—I'm not joking! Isn't that right, sweetie?" Nami asked, widely smiling as she now directed all attention towards me.

"Y-yes, I'm very supportive of my darling's life decisions!" I gave a strained smile in return while nodding.

"Right, and I think you and that Absalom guy make a super cute couple" Nami said. "You should totally hook it up, girlfriend" she urged, hoping that if she encouraged the sow in her endeavor then she'd be less likely to kill us if she discovered that we were currently lying to her about what exactly we were.

"Agreed, you two are particularly a match made in Heaven" I agreed. "Any man would be lucky to have such a passionate woman like yourself in his life" I said.

"You think?" the warthog questioned with the tilt of her head.

"Of course, we do, you were made for each other" Nami and I sweetly smiled.

"To be completely honest, I was beginning to lose hope" the warthog admitted. "All this time no one has ever offered me a single word of encouragement" she sadly muttered as she dropped to her hands and knees. "You don't know how much it means, thank you! Thank you!" tears welled up in her eyes as she looked up at the two of us.

"Raise your head up high, it's okay, you don't have to thank us for saying that" Nami said as both she and I stood up. "We're friends—my name is Namizo, but my friends call me Nami and my lover here is Skylar" it still felt weird hearing her call me that. This is a lie I defiantly don't want Zoro hearing about.

"We're friends, Nami? Skylar?" the warthog sniffed as if she hadn't expected us to be so willing to be friends with her after she attempted to kill us.

"She bought that?!" Usopp shouted, clearly baffled to hear that the sow had bought mine and Nami's lie about her being a transvestite and us being lovers.

"I like just don't get it" Lola—that was the name she had told us to call her by—sighed. "I like always tell him how much I love him, and I hug him so tight that I nearly crack his ribs, and he's just like "oh, whatever" about it" she huffed as the three of us now sat around one of the garden tables. "I've been as sweet as I can, but he just won't notice me" she sadly mumbled.