Chapter Two Hundred and Seventy Four [Rewritten]

-Chapter Two Hundred and Seventy-Four-

"Meat!" Oars roared, the force of the wind that left his lungs enough to throw everyone back as Nami, Usopp, Chopper, and I huddled up to one another. Making sure that none of us got separated. "I'm hungry!" the zombie roared once again which threw everyone back even further.

"Kumashi, don't let go!" Perona ordered as she was knocked back into the bear. Hogback was thrown into the wall, the piece of ice that was crushing him earlier landing right on top of him and soon Cindry as well landed on top of that while the four of us were thrown down the hallway, our bodies smashing into a wall and throwing us into a state of disorientation for a minute.

"Run!" Nami was the first to snap out of it, grabbing my wrist as we started to make our way out of the fridge.

"Okay, someone want to explain this to me?!" Usopp shouted.

"When Luffy's shadow entered that thing, it started moving" Chopper frowned.

"At least we know how the zombies work now" Nami said.

"It really...it really came back to life!" Chopper exclaimed in disbelief.

"There's only one explanation for all of this, that big guy must have Devil Fruit powers" Usopp said.

"That much is obvious" I said.

"The first thing that giant monster said was "meat," that means it doesn't just have Luffy's shadow, it has part of his personality too" Nami noted.

"I guess so, huh?" Usopp questioned as realization hit me and I groaned. "What? What's a matter, Skylar?" he worriedly asked.

"If that's how this whole thing works then I think I know where Zoro's shadow is" I muttered, cheeks flushing as I threw my head back in embarrassment and groaned once again. It makes sense now why that zombie got all touchy-feely with me, fucking perverted moss ball.

"This is all starting to make sense now, it was just like that penguin one we ran into that was acting like Sanji" Nami said, nodding her head as we thought back to the strange penguin-bulldog hybrid.

"Well, at least we now know where everyone's shadows are located" I said.

"I see, so you're saying they put Sanji's shadow inside that thing" Usopp hummed.

"That seems to be what happened" Nami said.

"Then the samurai who hit us with the back of his sword, that was Brook, of course!" Usopp gasped in realization.

"All that weird stuff happening on this island, it's all his fault!" Chopper frowned. "This isn't giving people a second chance at life, no one would ask for this, no one would want it! He's just playing God, using humans as puppets!" he snarled.

"That's sick, to try and play God—to mess with people's lives for your own sick and twisted amusement!" I sneered.

"He's not trying to save anyone! He lied to all of us, he's nothing more than another villain!" Chopper angrily cried.

"Chopper?" Nami quietly questioned.

"Now's not the time to get depressed over something like that, the only people we need to worry about are our crew members" Usopp said. "I hate to say it, but it's up to us to save them now, can't just run and hide anymore—we got to go to wherever they're taking Luffy's body" he said.

"Right!" Nami nodded.

"I think they said it was going back to the ship, they must have meant the Sunny" I said as we started to make our way down a set of stairs.