Chapter Two Hundred and Four [Rewritten]

-Chapter Two Hundred and Four-

"You're not much of a threat once that annoying little beam of yours is taken care of!" the Fang Frog Pirates captain laughed as the crew proceeded to gang up on Foxy with little to no remorse. "Not so funny when it happens to you!" he hatefully sneered.

"Hold on boss!" Hamburg worriedly cried, knocking the crewmembers away from his captain with his club.

"This isn't much of a fight..." Jacob bitterly grumbled as he used his chains to drag and toss the men beating on his captain away. Surprisingly, he looked rather peeved with the men for interfering in what was meant to be a captain's only fight.

"What do you think you're doing?" Porche scowled as the new captain of the men roughly grabbed her and threateningly pressed the blade of a knife to her throat.

"Hold it right there!" he snapped, causing Hamburg and Jacob to instantly freeze. "Drop your weapons!" he barked, sneering at the two.

"Curse you..." Foxy grounded as his two companions reluctantly complied with the captain's orders, his body now reacting to the attacks it had been subjected to in his slowed state. Right as the beam's effects completely wore off, his entire body slammed into the ground as he finally took the full force of each attack while Hamburg and Jacob were now being ganged up on by the crew. All three dropped to the ground as they were forced to take the abuse so the opposing captain wouldn't bring harm to Porche. I felt my jaw clench as disgust filled me, even if I didn't necessarily like Foxy and his men that didn't mean I agreed with this cruel and unfair treatment.

"There—what do you think of your old boss now? Pretty pathetic, huh?" the Fang Frog Pirates captain laughed as he looked at those who didn't participate. "Only a fool would stay loyal to a captain like him!" he snarled.

"What's wrong with you?" Luffy scowled as he stood up. "This was supposed to be a duel between captains, you big cheater!" he angrily snapped, clearly becoming just as frustrated as I was with the man's disgusting behavior.

"You don't know anything, kid!" the opposing captain snapped right back. "It's true that Foxy challenged me to a duel, but I never said that I accepted" he grinned as if he was a genius for pointing out such a loophole. I flinched when I was suddenly picked up and placed in Zoro's lap as he sat up, now holding me tight against his chest as I finally became aware of just how bad I was starting to tremble with all this barely contained rage.

"That jerk's asking for it!" Luffy grounded through clenched teeth.

"Calm down, Luffy—it's up to Foxy to win this fight on his own" Zoro said as he rested his chin on my shoulder and gave me a gentle squeeze. "Fighting him won't do anyone any good" he pointed out.

"He's right..." I reluctantly agreed despite how annoyed I was. "This isn't really our fight—if he really wants his ship and crew back then he's going to have to do it himself" I sighed, aware that the men wouldn't be able to respect a captain who would let someone else fight what was clearly his battle.

"The swordsman's right..." Foxy groaned as he shakily stood. "Just sit back and watch, Straw Hat, I'll put my pride on the line and show you what the Sliver Fox can really do!" he proudly boasted. "Whoa! Check out that thing up there!" he suddenly shouted.

"What thing?" I blinked as everyone turned their heads to curiously look.

"Hey! The fox guy's gone!" one of the men shouted when we turned back and found Foxy gone.

"Did anyone see where he went?" another asked as Foxy stood up, now wearing a female mask and feminine clothing in a poor attempt of a disguise.

"He went that way—trust me, I would never lie" he spoke in a terribly high-pitched voice as he pointed in the opposite direction.