Chapter Two Hundred and Fifteen [Rewritten]

-Chapter Two Hundred and Fifteen-

"Hey! Hurry up and dock the ship!" Luffy impatiently demanded, body practically buzzing with excitement as he already looked about ready to jump off and go explore without us.

"Whoa! Hold on a second—what do you pirates think you're doing here in town?" a man suddenly called out to us from the walkways. "You aren't looking to plunder, are you?" he asked, eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"No, we just want to get our ship repaired" Luffy shook his head.

"Did he just ask that like it's no big deal?" Usopp sweat dropped.

"Huh, I guess they're not all that worried about pirates" I said, amused by the man's lack of fear upon seeing our ship.

"In that case, there's a little cape just ahead of here—anchor your ship over there for now" the man smiled, pointing us in the direction of this supposed cape.

"Okay" Nami nodded.

"Thanks for the help!" Luffy smiled.

"They keep waving us off..." Usopp muttered, just the slightest bit unnerved by everyone's behavior.

"Of course, they do," Zoro scoffed, "we're flying a pirate flag" he reasoned, sounding as if it was that obvious of an explanation.

"Right...because when I see a pirate flag, my first instinct is to nonchalantly wave it off" I sweat dropped.

"Hm...should be okay to anchor here, right?" Usopp asked once we reached the cape.

"Can't see why not, it's certainly far away from the city" Sanji shrugged, seeing no issue with us taking anchor here.

"Works for me—furrow the sails!" Luffy grinned. Following the captain's orders, Zoro began furrowing the sails...only for the mast to snap in half the second he tugged on the rope.

"Are you trying to break the ship?!" Usopp angrily cried.

"No! All I did was pull the rope like I normally do!" Zoro quickly defended as he desperately tried to hold the mast up, attempting to keep it from falling any further and possibly causing even more damage to the ship.

"With the strength of a beast? You shoulder have been gentler" I lightly scolded.

"I was gentle!" Zoro snapped. "Holy crap, if the Merry is falling apart this easily, we're lucky we made it here at all!" he grounded as he did his best to straighten the mast back out.

"It looks like we'll have to find a new shipwright right away before we can do anything else" I remarked.

"By the way, they're not scared of pirates—don't you think that's kind of strange?" Nami curiously asked, ignoring the chaos around her as she peered out toward the city.

"It's because we're shipyard customers like anyone else" Zoro answered before Usopp struck him.

"Stop yapping and start fixing the ship already!" the sharpshooter snapped as he continued to hit the swordsman. Angrily demanding he fix the problem he had created right here and now.

"They probably aren't concerned about pirates because they have enough security to handle them if they misbehave" I suggested.

"There's plenty of Marines here too" Sanji added. "Comes with the territory, huh?" he hummed.

"What?! Are you kidding me?!" Usopp cried out upon hearing the possibility that the Marines were lurking about. "You mean they're going to have us arrested!" he screamed as he began to panic despite nothing bad having happened yet.