Chapter Three Hundred and Fourteen

-Chapter Three Hundred and Fourteen-

"What?" Shawn owlishly blinked.

"Are you fucking stupid?" Devin asked, briefly laughing in disbelief—I didn't look up, only continued to bow. "You just tried to rob us and leave—do you really think I'm going want to let you back into my house?" he spat.

"I know, and I'm sorry!" I apologized once more. "From the bottom of my heart, I'm truly, deeply sorry for what I've done and I'll do everything in my power to make it up to you two! I'll cook, I'll clean, I'll even fix that damn wall of yours!" I told the two, clutching the grass beneath my hands.

"With what money? Thought you said you were broke?" Devin scoffed.

"I'll find a way—if I have to, I'll go into town and work" I said, knowing that there were probably a few odd jobs I could work around the island. "Everything I earn will go straight to you and your brother, I promise," I thickly swallow, "just please, I'm begging you to let me stay!" I pleaded, ears soon perking up at the almost inaudible sigh that left the brunet's lips.

"Why?"

"Because you're the only two people I can turn to at this moment..." I admitted, slowly opening my eyes and stared at the ground. It was silent after that with only the sounds of the wildlife and occasional ruckus from the nearby town to fill the air. I almost lifted my head when I heard feet shuffling across the ground and low whispering before another loud sigh sounded out.

"Ugh! Fine, I guess you can stay as long as you do all the things you said you would" Devin groaned, sounding just the slightest bit annoyed. "Also, get up off the ground, you look stupid" I lifted my head, lips twitching upwards as I stared at the annoyed brunet with a wide smile.

"Thank you, Shawn" I chuckled, looking to the blond that was hovering close to his brother's side and already knowing that he had probably convinced the older man to accept my favor.

"Oi! What about me?!" Devin snapped as his brother laughed and gave his back a loud pat before sending a wide smile my way as he nodded. "Anyways, let's go—you got a lot of cleaning to do when we get back" just as I got ready to stand, I halted as I remembered something else.

"Actually, that's not the only favor I have to ask of you" I said, causing the two to stop once more. "It may sound strange," I began, "but I was wondering if perhaps you could help me with my training?"

"Training?" Shawn curiously tilted his head as I nodded.

"That's right—I can do it myself, but..." I blushed as I rubbed the back of my head. "I wouldn't mind a little help," I admitted, "the training my father put me through that I find myself subconsciously doing sometimes isn't going to cut it if I want to get stronger" I admitted, eyes becoming downcast before I chanced a peek up at the two brothers...nervous to see their responses only to then chuckle once I spotted the excited look on Shawn's face.

"I can finally have someone to pass my teachings down to—my dreams are finally becoming a reality..." he breathlessly breathed out, eyes sparkling as his brother sweat dropped before sighing.

"Aren't you a swordswoman" he asked. "How can someone like me, a person that uses throwing knives and dirty tricks, be of any help to your training?" he crossed his arms as he narrowed his eyes. "Why the hell do you need training anyways?"

"I won't go into details just yet on how you two can help—I'll save that for tomorrow" I told him with the wave of my hand. "But as for why...it's because I need to get stronger" I gently smiled.

"Okay...," he raised an eyebrow, "but why?"

"For him..." I breathed out, eyes becoming hazy as a wide smile spread across my lips. "I need to get stronger for him because he saved my life."