Chapter Three Hundred and Forty Two

-Chapter Three Hundred and Forty-Two-

"They're only transporting one dude, but they had to send four ships to do it?" Franky questioned. "Damn, looks like they're pulling out all the stops—your dad must be a big shot."

"Oh no..." Lily worriedly murmured.

"Is that all there is to it" Robin suddenly spoke up. "Sending four ships is strange in itself, but more than that, why would they choose to travel through these dangerous waters just to get to Impel Down? I wonder..." she mumbled in thought.

"I mean, she's not wrong" I nodded as I turned back to face the others, crossing my arms as I leaned back against the railing. "There is something rather...off...about all of this" I softly frowned. "There's something strange about them not using their usual route when transporting inmates."

"Meh! Attack first and ask questions never!" Luffy grinned before giving a startled cry as Nami struck the back of his head.

"What are you talking about, Luffy?! You know that won't work!" she snapped, not appreciating his recklessness.

"I mean, hasn't that always been his philosophy though?" I laughed before quickly holding my hands up in surrender the second the ginger turned her fiery gaze toward me and held her fist up in a silent threat that didn't need to be spoken.

"Look, the whole point of this mission is saving Lily's father, not just beating up on the Navy" Nami scolded once she put her attention back on the groaning captain who was still sprawled out on the ground, a rather large bump now on the back of his head. "We have to be extra careful here—if we just barge in without a decent plan, he could get hurt" she argued.

"Nami's right, Luffy" Usopp agreed. "Besides, if something happens to Panz Fry, you'll never get any of that volcano cooking you wanted to try" he tried to reason with the captain, using the only thing he knew the rubber man cared about more than anything else at the moment against him.

"Oh right..." Luffy weakly muttered as he sat up and turned away from everyone with a pout. "So what do you want to do then?" he asked, already sounding annoyed as he childishly glanced back at Nami.

"Well, it's going to take finesse—let the thief handle this one, 'kay?" she grinned as she lowered herself down to be closer to Lily's height.

"Okay, whatever you say—thank you" Lily brightly smiled as she bowed and clasped her hands in appreciation.

"Good," Nami nodded, "here we go" she grinned as she stood back up and quickly motioned for us to follow her up into the library. "First off, we need a Diversion Team" she told us the moment we were gathered around the only table in the room. "You guys go out on the Mini Merry and draw their attention from a distance, creating an opportunity for the Infiltration Team," she explained, "that team will be made up of Brook, Robin, and Luffy with Chopper as the boat operator."

"Diversion Team, huh?" Luffy questioned. "So I get to go right in and start kicking butt" he grinned.

"I mean, that's one way to cause a diversion" I chuckled as I gently nudged the rubber man beside me with my shoulder, causing him to snicker and nudge me right back.

"No way" Nami frowned. "I call it the Diversion Team because Robin and Brook will be distracting them, all I want you to do is lay low and wait inside the Mini Merry just in case something goes haywire" she explained. "Outsider of that, you can't do anything."

"Aw, look what you did—now he's all sad, Nami" I playfully huffed the second the captain laid his head against my shoulder and began to loudly pout. "There, there" I cooed as I lifted an arm and gently patted the side of his head, causing the ginger to only roll her eyes.