Chapter Two Hundred and Seventy Five [Rewritten]

-Chapter Two Hundred and Seventy-Five-

-Skylar's P.O.V-

I felt myself in a daze as I ignored the sound of clothes rustling and people rushing around as they prepared to get the wedding started. My eyes taking on a hazy look as the voices returned—another person knew who my father was, of course, just my luck.

"A mistress of your status."

Those words, I didn't like how he said them, it almost reminded me just how awful marriage was when it came to noble families. I felt my jaw clench as I now thought about Zach, I thought about the words he had spoken and how broken up and hurt he sounded at the thought that our arranged marriage is what drove me away. There was no love in a noble marriage, only the need to boost one's status or to rise in power or to avoid conflict towards two families—that was the only purpose of a noble marriage. Just as quickly as I felt my temper flare, I felt my mood dampen....this man—Absalom—seemed motivated by nothing more than lust and power with this decision of his. But was that really surprising?

"Noble blood! Noble blood!"

"You shouldn't be the mistress! You shouldn't be here at all—you have your own wedding you still need to attend!"

"Yes! Yes! A noblewoman such as yourself should not be given such a nasty title reserved for the commoner women that most noble men mess with when they take on a mistress!"

The voices sounded so childlike and cruel, whispering in my ears and reminding me of the things that have been beaten into my head. I wonder, is this what you call the mind of an unstable person? Perhaps, these voices have been with me for so long—I don't remember when they first appeared or how long they've been with me actually—always mocking me and always telling me the harsh truth. Always telling me cruel reminders of what kind of blood runs through my veins and just how much of a fuck-up I truly was...just how much of a waste of space I was. I can run, but I still have his blood pumping through my veins and the painful reality is that's all anyone else will ever see if they were to know the truth—they would not see a young woman desperately trying to separate herself from a family she no longer wished to be apart of, they'd only see the disgraceful offspring of what they consider a great man.

I wonder, is Robin truly accepting of me? Is she truly alright with the knowledge of my father or is she keeping her real opinions to herself? Is she silently judging me like every other person in this forsaken world for what my brothers and I decided? Were we weak and selfish to run just because we could no longer find it in us to stay in a house so cold and unloving? I don't know.

That's what drives me to the darkest corners of my mind, that's what pushes me to feel this sudden sense of regret. Regret for telling, regret for accepting, regret...regret for just being alive. Would it have just been better if I had stayed back on the island with Cloud and Sora? Where the days would drag on in a mixture of boring silence or useless fighting for selfish reasons. If I were to have stayed, would I have even still been alive or would the voices have finally won and drove me over the edge once again?

I didn't get to mull over it as my body was suddenly lifted and carelessly thrown over the shoulder of a zombie which snapped me out of my daze as I looked around at the changing scenery before my eyes finally landed on Nami who was being carried by another zombie. She looked lovely in that dress—a true beauty, that was something I couldn't help but admit as I gently smiled at her sleeping form. But my smile soon dropped and I growled as I was carelessly dumped into one of the pews, a cloth quickly wrapped around my mouth to keep it shut as more zombies filled the room and took their seat while Nami was placed near the front beside Absalom.