Chapter Two Hundred and Sixty Eight [Rewritten]

-Chapter Two Hundred and Sixty-Eight-

"What a pain, looks like Robin's theory looked to be spot on" Sanji frowned.

"None of our attacks can harm them, but if they pass through our bodies, we'll be rendered helpless" Robin said. "They might prove troublesome if we have to fight them" she pointed out.

"No kidding" Sanji and I said as we stared at our three depressed crew members.

"What a strange island" Robin remarked as I softly smiled at the adorable laugh the ghosts gave off before they finally left, leaving us alone once more as our three depressed crewmates slowly picked themselves back up and we started back on our journey through the forest.

"You know what? Screw you, ghost! I don't want to have you as a pet anymore—I want to crush you!" Luffy angrily shouted.

"Whatever their weak point is, I'll find it! Just you wait!" Franky growled as he cracked his knuckles.

"I should call you dog food!" Sanji laughed from his spot on Cerberus next to Robin.

"Shut up!" Zoro embarrassingly snapped as I covered my mouth to try and hold back my laughter.

"No, wait, sorry" Sanji apologized. "You said you're not fit to be dog food" he snickered as Zoro continued to seethe, grumbling as both the blond and Cerberus now laughed at him.

"If you're dog food, does that make Skylar the dog? I'm sure she wouldn't mind taking a bite out of you" Robin chuckled which caused me to choke on my own spit as all laughter died out in my chest and my cheeks exploded with color.

"Robin!" I cried out.

"Nah, it would be the other way around then if that were the case" Zoro smirked as I harshly smacked his arm.

"Zoro!"

"The patchwork creatures made with the numbers on them may look frightening, but they seem easy enough to defeat" Robin remarked. "But the ghost, on the other hand, seemed to be the exact opposite" she said.

"There was one of them on the ship earlier, they showed up then vanished, seems to me like they're watching us" Sanji said. "If that's the case, then who's pulling the strings?" he asked and it wasn't long before the scenery changed from a forest to a graveyard.

"Hey, check it out! It's a giant graveyard, cool!" Luffy grinned as my eyes wandered over all of the tombstones—trying to read the names carved onto them with little luck as many of them seem faded or looked to be deteriorating. "Perfect place for a picnic, don't you think?" he asked.

"Great idea, captain" I giggled.

"No way! This atmosphere will ruin the taste!" Sanji snapped.

"What? Are you crazy?" Luffy frowned. "Food is awesome, it never tastes bad anyways!" he argued.

"Yeah, maybe not for you—anyways, let's get moving" Sanji grumbled, ready to start walking again before stopping the moment a loud groan was heard. I watched with curious eyes as one of the dead bodies suddenly started to claw his way out of his own grave—trying his best to look intimidating as he did so. Luffy was the first one to react as he calmly walked over to the dead body and gently pushed him back into his grave.

"Hey! Don't put me back in the ground, jackass!" the zombie snapped.

"It's an old man with serious injuries!" Luffy gasped.

"Are you nuts?! It's a zombie!" Zoro, Sanji, Franky, and I snapped.

"Don't make fun of me!" the zombie snarled as even more of them started to claw their way out of their graves.