Chapter Two Hundred and Fifty Eight [Rewritten]

-Chapter Two Hundred and Fifty-Eight-

"I've heard stories of a strange game between pirates that takes away crew members called a Davy Back Fight" Franky said.

"Yeah, we know" we said, not sounding too pleased at the thought that we were either going to run into Foxy and them again or another pirate crew that may possibly want to challenge us to a Davy Back Fight.

"But wait, does that mean they took the crew's flag too?" Chopper questioned.

"Seems so, the rules of that game did say the flag was free game along with the crew" I said as I crossed my arms.

"Whoa! Wait a minute, I see someone!" Usopp exclaimed the longer he looked towards the barren ship. "They're fishing—then they might be castaways! Pretty ragged and tired looking" he noted the longer he looked at the people on the ship.

"What do you think, captain?" Sanji asked.

"Right, let's go take a look, if they're enemies then we'll just beat them up" Luffy said as we sailed towards the ship. "Hey, are you guys okay over there?" the captain asked once we were close enough.

"They're pirates!" a bald-headed man cried out. "Pirates are here!" he fearfully screamed.

"What'd you say?" a man wearing a bandana asked.

"Run for it!" a heavy man cried out as he began to run around the ship in a panic.

"There's no wind" the bald-headed man pointed out.

"We don't have a sail anyway" a man with pigtails reminded them.

"We surrender! Spare our lives!" they all finally cried out.

"Okay" Luffy said.

"Oh man, your ship's in even worse shape than you guys are" Franky remarked now that he had a better look at the men's ship.

"Who are you and what are you doing out here?" Luffy curiously asked.

"Wouldn't the important question be what happened to them?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, we're just fishermen down on our luck" the man with pigtails answered.

"You're fishermen?" Franky questioned in disbelief.

"Don't look like any fishermen I've ever seen" I muttered as I examined how the men were dressed.

"Yeah, we were minding our own business when our ship was attacked" the man with pigtails nodded. "That was three days ago, they stole all our food, destroyed the helm and sails, took all our valuables, and then left us here to die!" he cried. "We were stranded!" he wept at the memory.

"So if you're here to attack us, there's nothing left to take" the heavy man said.

"Don't worry, we're not here for that" Luffy assured him with the dismissive wave of his hand. "You guys must be pretty hungry, right? We're planning on having dinner soon—why don't you all come over and join us?" he suggested.

"What? Seriously?" the man with pigtails asked.

"Are you serious?" the bald-headed man questioned.

"Yeah, our cook would never ignore people as hungry as you guys" Luffy smiled. "Eat all you want to—hey, Sanji! Is it ready yet?! We're starving!" he shouted to the blond who had just exited the kitchen.

"Almost, just a few more minutes" Sanji answered. "But before all that—hey, Chopper, how about checking these guys over to help break in that new office" he grinned which caused a small smile to tug at my lips as I peered down at the reindeer.