Chapter Two Hundred and Twelve [Rewritten]

-Chapter Two Hundred and Twelve-

"Man, this pie stuff is delicious! I can't stop eating it!" Luffy grinned as he continued to stuff his face.

"Yeah, I know!" Chopper agreed.

"I bet we could make some money selling this stuff" Usopp remarked, thinking in a similar manner as Nami would.

"Luffy, come quick!" Zoro shouted over at the captain.

"There's a...there's a frog doing the front crawl!" I gaped, refusing to take my eyes off the giant frog swimming our way despite my disbelief.

"What?" Luffy blinked.

"See for yourself—it's headed your way!" Zoro pointed.

"Really?" Luffy excitedly grinned.

"I wonder if it's the same frog we heard about" Chopper wondered, recalling the frog both the shipwreck survivors and Aokiji had mentioned to us.

"Probably" I shrugged, unable to recall the name of the frog the Admiral had mentioned at the moment. "Surely there can't be that many giant frogs out here doing the front crawl" I said, refusing to believe that this was a common species of frog.

"Come on, Luffy, are you really going to take anything that goofy Admiral told you seriously?" Usopp frowned. "There's no way a frog could do the front crawl" he huffed before looking over the railing and down at the frog swimming past us. "Holy crap! There's a frog doing the front crawl!" he gawked.

"Come on, after him!" Luffy quickly ordered.

"Aye! Aye!" Zoro, Usopp, and Chopper nodded as I owlishly blinked.

"What? Why?" I asked as a pair of binoculars were hastily shoved into my hands with the short order for me to keep a watch on the frog so we wouldn't lose sight of it.

"Tuck in the sails! Stand by the oars! Bring the ship about two o'clock!" Luffy threw out order after order as his excitement made him practically deaf to my confusion.

"Aye! Aye!" the three nodded as they followed the captain's orders without question.

"This makes absolutely no sense—why do we have to follow it?" I asked a bit louder.

"I don't know why, but I get the feeling that we really have to follow it" Zoro was the only one to answer.

"That's not a good enough reason" I shook my head. "Nami's not going to be pleased" I argued, already aware that the ginger wasn't going to be happy with us suddenly changing course without consulting her first.

"You're darn right I'm not—what's the big deal here?!" Nami frowned as she stepped out of the kitchen. "Why did you change our course without asking me?" she asked, displeased that the men had made such a rash decision without asking.

"Nami, you're never going to believe it!" Luffy excitedly grinned, unfazed by the ginger's frustration with him and the other three. "We found this huge frog with scars all over its body and we're following it!" he eagerly told her.

"A frog? What?" Nami blinked before frowning in confusion.

"We have to catch up to it and capture it! Cook it and eat it for lunch!" Luffy proclaimed.

"You want to eat it?!" Zoro, Chopper, and I gaped, baffled by our captain's reason for following the frog all of a sudden. I owlishly blinked when Nami suddenly held her hand out, silently demanding to see the binoculars with the curl of her hand as I gladly handed her it without any hesitation.

"You're right..." Nami murmured the moment she spotted the frog through the binoculars. "Huh? Is that a lighthouse?" she suddenly asked, suddenly spotting something in the distance. "Now what is a lighthouse doing way out here? I wonder if anyone lives there..." she muttered to herself.