Chapter Two Hundred and Three [Rewritten]

-Chapter Two Hundred and Three-

"Boss, no!" Hamburg, Jacob, and Porche cried.

"So you think he's faking it?" Nami questioned.

"In my expert opinion, I'd say yes" Usopp nodded.

"Crocodile tears will get you nowhere" I rolled my eyes, boredly leaning forward and resting my chin on the palm of my hand. I didn't care much for people like him—people who spoke about taking their own life so lightly because they knew it would get them a reaction. Knew that it made people pity and worry for them. I couldn't stop the way my lips twitched downwards as my eyes narrowed for but a moment...

No, I certainly didn't appreciate this cheap tactic of his to garner sympathy.

"Take pity on me! At this point, I have nowhere to go and no one else to turn to" Foxy tearfully sniffed. "Let me stay on your ship, I'm begging you!" he desperately pleaded.

"Sure, why not" Luffy shrugged. "You don't have your own and you got to go somewhere."

"How kind of you, captain" I softly smiled as Nami and Usopp exchanged wary glances.

"Here, have a little soup" Sanji offered, handing Porche a fresh bowl of soup. "We wouldn't want you catching a cold" he smiled.

"Wow! That looks great—I think I'll share some with my Choppy!" Porche happily chirped, taking the offered bowl as she stood—quick to leave the room in search of the doctor who had gone into hiding as soon as he had heard the four's voices earlier.

"Hey, Sanji! Me too!" Luffy eagerly grinned.

"This is all I have left, I'll cook you some more tomorrow" Sanji frowned as he handed Foxy and his remaining crewmembers a bowl of soup as well. "Something wrong?" he curiously asked when he noticed that Foxy was the only one out of the three who wasn't downing his soup. "You can help yourself" he said in annoyance as he assumed that the man was expecting him to feed him or something.

"What are you trying to pull?" Foxy glared. "It's not really soup if there's nothing in it!" he childishly huffed.

"How about I put you in the soup—would you like that?!" Sanji snapped. "Huh?! You ingrate!" he sneered as Usopp hastily stood and started to hold him back before he could do anything rash.

"Foxy! Apologize before he murders you!" the sharpshooter frantically shouted, pleading for the other man to take back his rude behavior.

"He's not lying—you're not a pretty lady, so blondie here's not going to take any pity on you" I hummed. "But then again, why should he take pity on someone so ungrateful?" I grumbled, feeling the blonde's anger was rather justified.

"What?" Foxy questioned, his men now laughing in amusement.

-Later-

"Where's boss?" Hamburg tiredly yawned as he busied himself fishing alongside Luffy and Usopp. Blankly, I stared at the raven-haired man in front of me—foot pressed against his chest as I attempted to hold him back, not really comfortable with his attempts at invading my personal space. It's as if he had never heard of a personal bubble before with how intent he was to stand as close as he could to me. I'm sure there were some women who possibly found such a domineering presence to be attractive in some minuscule way, but I found it more or less annoying and discomforting.

"Look, buddy, I ain't interested" I bluntly said, seeing no reason to sugarcoat my rejection.

"Come on, don't be like that" Jacob cooed as he straightened out and posed as if he was proudly showing off something amazing and not just himself. "I mean, no woman can resist my devilishly good-looking charms" he cockily grinned, confident in what he said.