Chapter Two Hundred and Twenty Two [Rewritten]

-Chapter Two Hundred and Twenty-Two-

"Paulie, stop it!" Iceburg begged.

"Pipe Hitch Knives!" Paulie threw a rope with knives attached to it at Lucci, only for it to miss as the man dodged it with ease.

"Finger Pistol" in the blink of an eye did Lucci move closer towards the blond as he painfully jabbed his finger into his stomach. "You still haven't learned your lesson, have you?" he asked.

"Hey, are you okay?!" Luffy worriedly asked.

"Screw you, Lucci!" Paulie sneered as he stumbled back before finally dropping to his knees.

"It's pointless to resist, our abilities far exceed those of a normal human, as you can see" Lucci said. "After many years of training, we've mastered an art called the Six Powers—these techniques transform the body into a living weapon with the strength of over a hundred men" he explained.

"After all this time, why?" Paulie groaned before wincing when the raven-haired man grabbed hold of his shoulder.

"Sorry, Paulie, our friendship is over" Lucci told him as he prepared for another strike. "I have to eliminate you" he coldly admitted with no remorse.

"Lucci, no! Don't!" Iceburg cried out.

"You jerk, leave him alone!" Luffy growled as he kicked his foot out towards Lucci who simply caught the stretched-out limb before it could hit him. Frowning, Luffy drew his fist as he jumped towards the man just as he let go of his foot. "Gum Gum—"

"Iron Body."

"Gantlet!" Luffy started to punch Lucci multiple times, but with each hit did the man barely react as if he wasn't being struck at all. "What the—that didn't work at all!" the captain frowned as he finished his attack and saw just how little damage it had done to the other man.

"You're nothing but a pest" Lucci glared as he suddenly disappeared from sight.

"He's gone!" Luffy gasped.

"No" I shook my head, watching as the man suddenly reappeared and disappeared in different areas of the room. "He's just moving really fast" I corrected just as he dived in for an attack towards Luffy's neck.

"Finger Pistol" Lucci jabbed his finger into the rubber man's throat and even though it didn't pierce through his flesh, it still sent him flying back until he smashed right into the wall. Luffy grabbed for his neck, rubbing at it as he harshly coughed before sitting back up. "If you weren't made of rubber, you'd be dead with a hole in your neck, lucky you" the raven-haired man said just as Luffy stretched his arm out and snatched up Paulie—pulling the blond towards him and away from the enemy. "You're protecting him, but why?" he curiously asked.

"Why not? Because I don't want you to kill him!" Luffy huffed. "You guys were all friends just the other day, how could you do this?!" he frowned.

"We were, now things have changed" Lucci answered.

"It doesn't matter, you can say what you want!" Luffy frowned. "You're a bunch of traitors—the point is you're my enemy now, I made a promise with Paulie to beat the crap out of anybody that tries to hurt Icepop's!" he proclaimed.

"I see, you decided to trust him over us, huh?" Kaku questioned.

"That's right because you guys took away one of my friends!" Luffy firmly nodded. "Hey, Robin, what gives? Why are you acting like this?" he asked. "If you want to leave the crew, at least tell me why!" he demanded.

"Yeah, and why would you want to team up with people from the World Government?" Nami asked. "That's crazy!" she frowned.

"Do I have to repeat myself?" Robin asked. "I believe I said my farewells to the Cook and Doctor before I left—didn't you pass that along, Chopper?" she asked.