𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

┏━━━━⋆。‧˚ʚ ❀ ɞ˚‧。⋆━━━━┓

BRAINIACS AND STALKERS

THERE WAS LESS THAN A MONTH LEFT UNTIL GRADUATION, MEANING THAT BILLIE HAD TO START GETTING HER AFFAIRS IN ORDER.  

The Burbank girl resorted to making lists to do so, starting with a list of things she'd need in her dorm room come the fall and ending with a list of candidates who had the potential to fill her shoes as captain of the debate team. That latter list was only comprised of three people, given that there were only nine students on it to begin with and that included two seniors that were also leaving alongside Billie.

Kelly Martinez would be going into her senior year in the fall, and she'd been somewhat of a protege to Billie for the last two years. She was clean cut and precise in her debating, and was always by the book in how she dealt with topics.

Colin Wood was a sophomore with less experience, but had a massive hand in getting their team to the state debate conference earlier in the year. He was quick on his feet, employed a little bit of comedy here and there, and was also a solid pick.

And then there was Amelie Wood, Colin's twin sister who was the most reluctant when it came to joining the debate team in the first place. Once she did, though, she was a force to be reckoned with; she was damn cunning. Her logic for her skillful abilities lord in the fact that if she could talk her way out of getting speeding tickets, she could talk her way out of anything. An underdog.

Billie even made pros and cons lists about each one of her candidates, and still couldn't make her up her mind. She needed a second voice of reason, one that had no idea of the inner workings of the debate team.

Hence why she snapped a photo of her three different pros and cons lists and sent them to a certain diplomatic vampire overseas.

Billie
Who would u let inherit
the debate team throne?!

She sent the message at the beginning of lunch, like she often did with most of their messages during the daytime, and received his usual speedy reply.

Vamp King
Number three is the most
obvious choice; conniving
ambition is of utmost
importance when being a
great ruler.

That was the least surprising thing Aro could've ever said. The speech bubble re-appeared, typing away for a few extra seconds.

Vamp King
Yet, I'm sure you will
make the best decision. It's
rather thrilling to see your
passion for the sport, piccola.

Billie
Thank u! But it's not
a sport lol

It's a hobby we humans do
that involves verbally
arguing against other people
to see who can argue best :)

Vamp King
And do you?

Billie
Do I what???

Vamp King
Argue best.

Billie thought it over; was she the best at arguing? The short answer was no, but the long answer involved her ability to persuade others with her sheer friendliness. A smile to an opponent during a final debate often sent them reeling, stumbling over their words to provide Billie with the path to victory.