𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

┏━━━━⋆。‧˚ʚ ❀ ɞ˚‧。⋆━━━━┓

THE IMMORTAL CHILD

"I PINKY PROMISE I'D NEVER SAY ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT I HEARD. I'VE NEVER BROKEN A PINKY PROMISE SO YOU CAN TRUST ME, AND I'VE NEVER—"

"Billie..."

"Okay, I'll stop now."

Billie had been rambling on for the last couple of minutes, trying to convince the three kings that stood before her that she was surely no snitch. That, and the fact that she really had no one to tell aside from Jane and Alec, both of which she had a feeling already knew about the plans the kings were concocting.

"You aren't in any trouble," Aro assured her, and she didn't even need to look right at him to know there was a joking smirk on his face. "Why on earth would you even think you could get in trouble at all?"

She went to open her mouth to answer, but found that she couldn't when she realized that her situation with Aro granted her total immunity. She initially figured it gave her leeway in certain areas, like what had occurred in the square given that it wasn't intentional, but now it seemed as though she could get away with anything

The thought of that was pleasant yet terrifying at the same time; she could get away with mass murder and he probably wouldn't even blink an eye— no wonder he was so nonchalant about her accidental eavesdropping.

"Right," she winced with a laugh, and that earned a fond eye roll from the king that was stood directly in front of her, "sorry— that was silly of me."

"Silly? Never, amore mio," he refuted with a shake of his head. "As I've said before, your curiosity amuses me greatly. So, what shall you like to know?"

Though Caius never opposed to Billie's presence, his head snapped towards Aro's at that. "Brother, you cannot seriously be considering—"

Aro's soft gaze disappeared in the blink of an eye, his head craning towards the blond king with intense scrutiny. Caius' mouth snapped shut at the look, and Billie knew that if that look was pointed in her direction, she'd literally shit her pants. "Are you questioning my judgment?"

"I would never, but—"

"You've forgotten your place, Caius," Aro snapped, a sort of anger in his tone that Billie never saw too often. "Need I remind you of what she means to me? Has your small-minded intellect failed you once again, brother?"

Caius' shoulders rose before he forcibly steeled them. His eyes averted to the floor, a subtle bow of the head. "My apologies," he grit out, before his head lifted once more with his usual amount of poshness. "I will take my leave... deal with this as you see fit."

He all but darted out of his own study, venturing elsewhere underground to find solace away from an angry Aro, no doubt. Billie swallowed around nothing when she noticed Marcus, as stoic as ever, start to move towards the door. He merely gave the two of them a cryptic glance before slowly walking away, his footsteps being able to be heard as he walked down the corridor.

The silence that followed was heavy, and Billie couldn't help but sniffle through her nose just to break the quietness of the study.