Chapter One

"Natsu! What were you thinking!?" Grandeeney yelled at him. The gathering at the main hall was ruined due to Natsu's behavior.

"I'm not apologizing to him!" he huffed and crossed his arms.

"Natsu. His father is a high-class man.He is very important for uncle's company," Jellal, his cousin murmured. Natsu glared at him.

"Is that all you can ever think about?! He bad-mouth Aunt Porlyusica," he yelled. "They can bad-mouth me all they want, but I don't want them to do that to my family!" he stood firm. Even though he was only thirteen.

"Natsu..." Grandeeney called. The doors opened and Porlyusica entered.

"You shouldn't be concern about me,brat! That was your dad's client.!" she yelled. Natsu was on the verge of crying, but not now. Not in front of them, not wanting to surrender.

"I don't care! I'm going to apologize if it's my fault, but that one was not mine! Blame  me all you want but I'm not going to apologize!" he argued back. They all sighed in defeat. Knowing Natsu's personality, no one can beat him in an argument.

"The least you could do is help them with the clean up," Igneel, who was quiet all the time sighed.

"Dad, not you too." he whined.

"I'm sorry Natsu. But, we needed him," his dad gave a look.

"NO!.. I'm no--"before he could finish, the sound of a  slap echoed in the halls and the room was filled with silence. They stood there frozen. Wendy was hiding behind Jellal, scared of what's happening. Natsu slowly look up "Auntie?"

"I told you to stop sticking your nose to my business and now you're disappointing your father!" Porlyusica yelled. Natsu turned towards Igneel who averted his gaze. "You are such a rebellious brat!" she yelled. Natsu stood there, everyone in the room was shock to hear her say that. Natsu shadowed his eyes and ran off. He felt humiliated.

Before she could apologize, Wendy cried out loud and there was a bang of the door. The house was quiet, no one said a word. All they can hear was Wendy's crying and the sound of the broom in the main hall. Every guest went home. Everyone tried to talk to Natsu but he won't even open the door. The next morning was too intense. They all shot their head up when they heard the lock click. But what confuse them was the sound to a heavy object being drag down.

"Natsu!" Igneel called. He saw Natsu dragging a trolley bag, his school back pack and another bag. "Where are you going!?" he started to panic, he knows what's happening but he wants to hear it from his son.

"Oh, I thought you said I don't belong to this family. Then fine.I'll leave this family" he murmured. Igneel's heart stopped as he saw the dullness in his son's eyes. 

"Natsu!Think about it first," Jellal tried to pry but was only shoved him. Grandeeney placed a hand on his shoulder and shook her head.

"Where are you even staying?" Grandeeney ask.

"The school dorm," he answered lowly. They were aware of Natsu's earnings since their school was for mages, he can take jobs as much as he can. 'At least they won't be able to shoo me out.'

"Natsu. I'm letting it go for one condition," Natsu stopped. "Please be safe. If I ever find out that you got hurt, I'm not hesitating to drag you back here," After hearing that he started to walk off and left.

"Are you alright with this?" Jellal turned to him. Igneel hesitated but sighed.

"No. I'm worried," he responded. "But, I shouldn't be." a smile crept on his face and a proud look featured it. "He is my son after all," They smiled, forgetting what happened last night.