Chapter 47: The Runaway

Throughout the entire night, Ignite was nowhere to be found. Natsu left her on her own, knowing she can handle herself well. Very well. Unless alcohol is involve then that's a different story. It was already close to midnight. Some were already tired and sleepy, others were already spotted at a nearby tree dozing off. Sting is still a ball of energy, talking to anyone he knows. Natsu was sitting on one of the table, literally on the table, practically ignoring those who asked for a dance.

"Natsu. What's the matter?" Lucy asked. Natsu openly yawned and turned to her.

"Nothing, just not feeling the mood," he answered. Rather, he's bothered by something.

"Tired?" Loke asked as he pulled a chair and sat beside Lucy, giving her a kiss on the cheek. In which the other was flustered about.

Something very, very important

"Probably," Natsu shrugged. Too tired to react. Natsu looked up to the sky. His brows knitted as he dug through his memory to remember something.

"Why don't try to mingle with others?" Ultear suggested.

"Don't want to," he pouted.

"I'll force you," Jellal joked. Natsu glared at him.

"Hah! I dare you," he grumbled. Natsu's thoughts went away as he got distracted. 'It'll probably come by later...' he thought dismissively.

"I'm kidding," He laughed and raised both hands as a sign of surrender. Natsu sighed.

'When will this end?' he thought and sighed deeply again. He stood up and walked over to a quiet corner. He scanned the area, as if he was looking for someone. Which clearly is not the stripper. Really, it's not the stripper.

Meanwhile~

If there's one word to describe Gray's situation now, it's 'ANNOYING'. Yeah. He's currently down-right annoyed. Numerous students have already reminded him to stop stripping and many girls had bloody, red, noses by now. Its a habit. He can't help it. He clicked his tongue and made his way to a tree.

"What the hell," he grumbled. He sighed, his eyes widen when he heard someone sigh along with him. He found Natsu staring wide eyes at him. They lingered for a moment, then the linger turned into a glare and they snapped their eyes away from each other.

Natsu grumbled there, but made no move to leave and so did Gray. Once in a while, he would sneak a glance or two towards Natsu. He said no words, nor made a move to start a conversation and when he thinks Natsu would catch him, he would turn away and pretend ignore him.

Natsu, on the other hand, would occasionally stare at the dark, looming, sky. Something feels odd, the wind was a little stronger, and chilly, even he can feel it. He can also tell cause others' started to rub their bare shoulders or would rub their palms for friction. The stars were starting to disappear behind dark clouds. But so does the hopes in his heart. He actaully wants to dance a certain idiot.

'This is probably nothing,' he thought with a shrug. Although the feeling was still there, he rejected it. He looks up to the gloomy sky. Something is really missing...

But what?

Lucy halted her steps and stared at the a certain direction. Loke, as confuse as he is, followed Lucy's eye direction and was utterly confuse as to what was interesting in staring at the duo. He slightly shook her out of her daze.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Isn't odd?" Lucy mumbled, half to herself.

"What is?"