Chapter 16: ... to remember.

Natsu was greeted by Happy's claws, he yelped as he tried to sit up but something was keeping him down. He grunted, the weight on top of him was seriously holding him down. He angled his gaze and visibly paled. Gray was knocked out cold on top of him. Memories of last night came rushing back to Natsu. He flushed deep red at the faint feeling of Gray's lips on his. He gently caressed his lip. Suddenly, the smell of booze made him dizzy.

But that's only an excuse.

Natsu knew that. He checked the time, it was only pass six. He, as gently as he possibly could, tried to push Gray off. The other flipped with a loud thud. Yeah, the was probably the amount of 'gentle' he could muster. Gray snored softly, face twisting in discomfort for being moved. Natsu's gaze fell to his face. From the faint scar on his temple, to the meeting of his brows, to the tip of nose, to the shape of his eyes and to the parting of his lips

Lips that met Natsu's last night. Natsu bit his lip and tried to cover his face from the rushing heat creeping to his cheeks. Natsu shouldn't be affected by this. It was only an accident. In which Gray pressumably pressed firmly against his....

Yeah, only an accident.

Natsu shook his head. He flinched as Gray started to stir and sat there frozen, waiting for Gray to open his eyes and greet Natsu with a morning scowl. But no, Natsu's expectations were not met as Gray lied on his side and light snores were again. Natsu sighed in relief.

He searched the room and that where he realized that Gray's snoring were not as loud as Sting's, who was only knocked out a few feet away from them, clinging at Rogue like a child. He sighed, it was so like Sting. Natsu scooted over to them.

Rogue is such a great guy. A little snappy at times but not really intenting to harm. How a great guy stand so close to Sting, let alone tolerate him. No, it was not his place to question Rogue's choices. It was probably because the duo grew up together. That's why they were unseperatable.

How envious

Natsu shook his head before he started to get grim. Natsu observed Sting's features. He look more childish when his sleeping, drool pooling at the corner of his lips and lips pouting. Natsu chuckled, Sting should really consider dealing with his superiority complex and mental complications. Seriously, if Rogue is not by his side, he would probably be in juvenile by now. Something caught his eye. Natsu silently and slowly tilted Sting's chin, eying the small scar across Sting's left eyebrow. Natsu frowned. That's not very appealing.

"I'll ask him when he wakes up," He muttered.

He then turned to Rogue. Rogue llooked so pale up lose. Natsu pulled the band off of Rogue's hair and tucked the excess strand aside. The scar across Rogue's nose was also distracting to look at. It's almost contradicts Rogue's kind but fierce appearance and personality. He'll also ask the other about it when he wakes up. The trio seemed to have fought dangerous battles, in which they were able to show a scar that expressses their struggles. Natsu, also has his own fair amout of scars.

And one of them is resting deep inside his memories.

He should just forget them. They were the past, he should just gather his strenght from his weaknesses and try to move forward. Natsu stood up and took a bundle of blankets and covered the trio. Natsu checked the medicine cabinet but he found no aspirins.

"I should probably go buy some. I'm pretty sure they're in for a massive headache," he mused.

He grabbed his wallet, phone, headphones. He made sure to close the door as he got out, in case the cats wonders out again. That being said, means Frosch. One time, Sting forgot to close the door and Frosch wondered off. After that, he got an earfull from both Rogue and Gray. Rogue wouldn't let them rest until they found Frosch.