Chapter 44: Cursed Fate

Students started entering the school. Girls, wearing their gowns and guys with their suits and dates. Jellal and the remaining student council are doing their checkpoints. Girls blushing occasionally when they caught glimpse of Jellal's form, his hair was generally slicked back and his suit is cripse and formal. You can notice right away the hue of blue everywhere. Lucy entered the school with Levy by her side, chatting idly and carelessly.

"You look beautiful, Lucy," Erza greeted. "You too, Levy," both girls blushed.

Lucy was wearing a bluish white cocktail that extends at the back and all of her accessories are blue, her hair was tied into a braided bun with hairpins keeping excess hair away. Levy on the other hand, is wearing a dark blue long gown with one long black gloves, she's still wearing her signiture headband.

"Its nothig compared to yours," they answered bashfully.

Erza blinked. "I don't see anything amazing in me," she gestured to her self.

Lucy and Levy exchanged glances and stiffled a laughter, making Erza frown. Lucy immediately dismissed the misunderstanding before it was formed. Erza was being too modest. Can't she notice that everyone is stunned by her beauty. Or maybe she just doesn't realize it herself. Lucy and Levy said their goodbyes and went inside.

The students were piling outside the gymnasium, patiently waiting for the opening. Lucy and Levy were able to meet up with Lyon and Juvia. Juvia was like a Water Queen with her long, elegant, backless, blue dress, her hair was tied into a side ponytail with light be crystals hanging on her head. Lyon on the other hand wore a light blue, button down with a white necktie.

A few moments later, the girls started buzzing and blushing as soon as the trio appeared. Sting wore a midnight blue button down with a white collar vest. Rogue is wearing a silver button down with a blue collar vest and necktie. Those-- Sting actually-- two really decided-- insisted-- that they should pair up. Which Rogue agreed --begrudgingly-- or they'll be late.

Gray, on the other hand wore a navy blue button down with a loose white necktie and a white blazer, that disaapeared a moment ago (I welcome the stripping habit again. Say hello). His hair was gel and combed to the left, almost similar to Lyon's. (Probably because Lyon was the one who fixed it >< ). He had a scowl on his face as he walked pass the other students. They still made way for him nonetheless. Hands in his pocket and back slouch, Lyon whacked him for that.

They doors opened and they all made their way in. They froze as they caught sight of the room. Sting and Rogue were dumbfounded. Lucy and Levy gaped. Gray - who's still in his beast mode - made a dishearten look. The room... it was just... it was just... so...so

"Plain..." Natsu said in a monotone. Making them all jump.

Plain seems to be like an understatement. There were no lights other than the light bulbs that's barely flickering, no carpets nor flowers. Just a plain gymnasium with aligned chairs and a set up stage.

'What the hell is this?!' They screamed in their thoughts. 'Is this where all those efforts go?!"

"Everyone. Take a sit," Jellal said. And so, they did. Still shock from the display.

Whispers started to fill the room. And yet, no one dared to ask, as to why the room was so plain and simple even though the Student Council had a lot of time to prepare. It just can't be it. Jellal begun the program with an opening speech. Followed by Erza's doxology, she have a really good voice, followed by Ultear's motivational speech.  

No one was actually listening when the principal was talking about the importance of the get together. Everyone was still too focus on the decoration and arrangements. Natsu even found the time to pay attention to the loose wiring at the ceiling.