Chapter 37: Unnatural Disaster

Natsu flinched once again as the thunder boomed. It hurt his ears and no matter he does, he just can't block the booming sound out. He doesn't want to cover his ears and curl on the chair, Gray may think that Natsu fears the thunder. Gray was still frowning since the storm started. There was no reception, other than that, the storm is indeed strong. Natsu checked the time from Gray's blaring radio. It was already 8:55 p.m. The storm has been going off for four hours now.  Natsu felt something in his pocket, he pulled out his phone and checked the caller. He picked the transparent item and slid his finger on it's surface.

"Hello..." He answered. It was a little chappy but Natsu thinks he can still make out the words.

"Natsu. Are you with Gray?" he heard Rogue's voice.

"Uh...Yeah.Why?" he asked, for some reason a little annoyed. 'It's just Rogue. It's just Rogue,' he mentally repeated. Gray wondered who was Natsu talking to and surprised to see him using a phone when there was no reception. It must be a lacrima phone. Gray left his back in their dorm. He rarely uses it anyway and he's rather stick with his old phone.

"Hmm. No it's not-- Sting put that down!-- It's just that --Sting! No, quit it!- Lyon's been looking for him- No, Frosch! Lector!- " Rogue explained. Natsu sweat dropped. Both he and Gray flinched when they heard a crash. 

"Ahh.. Rogue. Is everything alright?" he asked. Gray leaned a little firther to the backseat and Natsu leaned towards him too. By now, they were cheek against cheek with the lacrima phone seperating them. They heard incoherent mutters. Gray and Natsu exchanged glances.

"Uh. Yes. Everything's fine. -Sting! No! Don't eat that!- It's just because of this. Enough! --My books!" Rogue screamed. "Sting!!!" They heard a beeping sound of Sting's video game station, then there was silence. Natsu wondered what happened now.   

"My game!!" they heard Sting screamed in agony. Then, there were silence again.

It was so unnatural for Rogue to yell. Unless it has something to do with Frosch, no surprises there. Rogue also has a lot of patience, but once he ticks  off, you're done for. Though, sometimes it can be just fun to get him riled up. There was finally silence. It was kinda creeping them both out.

"Anyway..." Both of the jumped at the sudden call. Natsu reacted quickly and bumped his head on the roof. Gray's palm slid from the breaks and he was slammed backwards. Natsu's legs got caught in the sit and he fell of top of Gray. 

Gray just recovered from his first impact and catching a falling Natsu is not a great thing to do. And so, he was pushed backwards once again and this time, his head hit the wheel hard, then he was knocked out cold. Natsu as well, was knock out. Happy jerked up and turned to their direction. He saw their position, the blue cat shook his head and slept back.

"Natsu? Are you okay over there?! I heard a crash!" Rogue yelled. "Natsu?! Gray?!" nothing was heard from the two boys but the pitter patter of the raindrops against the roof. Rogue continued calling out, Happy got annoyed and slid the phone close.

~~~0~~~0~~~0~~~0~~~~0~~~

Rogue delicately raised a brow. He stared at the transparent device, dumbly. He sighed, thinking that maybe those two are dealing with something. It didn't even cross his mind that maybe they crashed against a car. The crash was not that loud and destructive. But still, he can't help but feel worry for them. Since they got back to the dorm, Natsu and Gray were already gone. It's already pass 9 and they're still gone. Rogue shook his head. He shouldn't be thinking negatively. Those two are okay. He turned to the room and found a certain sulking blonde in the corner and a messy room.