Chapter 26: I can stand. Can you?

Gray couldn't believe it.Natsu said all those things to Loke. He suddenly had the urge to ran the guy over with a 16-wheeler truck,but if he do that not only Jellal will murder him 10 times, but  so will Erza. Just at the thought, Gray wanted to faint.

"That flame-brain. Wait til I get my hands on that flame-brain," Gray growled. He knew Loke's deep cru-scratch that- Gray knew Loke loves Lucy. The first time Loke saw her, it was just plain goose chase, until he hadn't realize he had fallen head over heels to her.

Gray stood up and headed paced around the room. Rogue would follow him with his gaze, he can't concentrate on his book, for one Sting is also plotting Natsu's demise, which is very very annoying cause he's oozing an aura and Gray's grumbling was also not helping.

"That's the end of this book," Rogue sighs as he close it and set back to the night stand. Rogue slumped back down to his pillow. Sting stopped mumbling and Rogue suddenly felt cold. They both turned to Gray, who was now freezing the floor.

"Gray. I think it's best if you take a walk," Rogue says, brows knitting with worry. Gray turned to him and nodded. He paced out of the room. 

"Did we really have to tell him?" Sting pouted.

"It's better than he figures it out himself. You know Gray..." Rogue exhales. Sting dropped himself on his pillow. Silence fell upon, Sting rolled on his back then eyed the upside door, then Rogue. "Sting, stop that or the blood'll run to your head," Rogue scolded.

"Mmm-hmm," He hums, Rogue glared at him.

"I know your worried--"

"What?! Who says I--"

"--but Gray won't do anything stupid in that state."

'No, I think it's the complete opposite,' he thinks. Sting sat up and crossed his arms, he wondered. 

"Sting, stop thinking or you'll get a headache."

"Rogue!"

When it comes to his friends, Gray is the most attached to them. Fairy Tail had one specific bond, they're family. Sure, Sabertooth now is the same as them. Power doesn't matter anymore as long as they bond, but they know that their bond cannot be compared to Fairy Tail's. There was a reason why they didn't want Gray to know. He and Loke were not just friends, but also partners. Gray is closer to him than to them, not just because they're from the same guild but also because they share mutual understanding.

They know that Gray knows Loke more than anyone else and vice versa. He even knows the other's trait without him noticing it first. So when it comes to each other's well-being, they won't back down. Because Gray is closer to Loke, they know that Gray is the only one who'll take it too far. They know that Gray is the only one capable of hurting Natsu. Worse, kill him. 

Loke took a night walk, admiring the stars for moments. If what Lyon said was true, why is Natsu interfering? He wanna ask for help at the same time he doesn't. As if his body was making him use effort. Appreciate himself for his success. Loke sat at the grass, letting the wind brush his skin. He closed his eyes and leaned back. 

"What to do now?" He mumbled.

"So, Lyon was right. Loke's having a crisis," Loke jumped as he heard the voice. He turned and saw Juvia smiling warmly at him.

"Hey pretty face," He greeted. Juvia frowned, not because Loke just tried to flirt to her, but because his tone didn't even give the idea. Her frown fell and she shook her head. He was still a little uneasy with Juvia after what happened last time. Juvia sat beside Loke.

"Lyon called Juvia and said that Loke having a crisis," Juvia said.

  Gray stomped out of the building. As soon as he was out, he wanted to yell, to shout, to curse, to lash out. It was unforgivable, he can only imagine what Loke is feeling right now. What does that flame-brain know? Why does he keep doing this? First Rogue, now Loke? Is he being arrogant? Damn know-it-all.