Chapter 33: Indecisive

Natsu was back at the dorm and he wasn't surprise when he found it empty. The others are probably still at school, hanging around. After his talk with Loke, he seemed to be more calmer now. His lips burns for some reason. He doesn't know why he had done it, but what happened already happened. He'll just blame it on the season and the mood a while ago and just throw it back to the -- It didn't happened, so just forget about it jar- -

Actually. It's been quite a while since he threw something in there, the last time he did it was probably that time Ren dared him to eat four liters of ice cream in just 10 minutes. Seriously, it was stupid but fun and memorably nonetheless. Though, he only does that when he makes a decision he doesn't regret but just simply wants to forget it. He just wanted to help Lucy for an unknown reason. The look of emptiness and loneliness is visible in her eyes. Simply like a world of monochrome. 

He just knew that feeling. He never met his mother nor saw her to one of the many portraits they own. Apparently, his father hid all his mother's pictures and never brought it up. His aunt had once told him that Igneel, his father, couldn't get over his mother's death and grieved about it up until now. His father hardly ever had time for him. Both of his aunts are very busy to even bat an eye at him. His own brother left, his little cousin is too scared of him and Jellal hardly knows what he's doing.

Natsu might not notice this or just rather ignores this trait but he has the tendency to bring people's inner self. He might not be doing it in a nice way but it always gives good results. He is a blunt person, and he's not just gonna change that because he was hurting someone nor because some had asked him to. No, he was not that kind of person.

"Damn it!" He moaned. 

He twisted in his bed and lied on his stomach. He yelled to his pillow and thrashed around his bed. It was childish, but who was them to judge him? Everyone is childish, some are just capable of using maturity. 

"Are you five or something?" A cold, husky toned voice asked him. Natsu paused, he didn't want to see this bastard yet, or ever but right now, he needed something from him. Swallowing his pride, he spoke.

"Shut it, Ice-princess." He grumbled. Natsu was second guessing himself if he should asked it or not. He sat up and faced the opposite the direction. Well, seems like he's gonna do it. It's now or never. (In his thoughts, he chose Never!)

Gray stared at him with a confuse look. He sat on his bed and wasn't surprise anymore to find himself almost naked. Gray kept stealing glances at the pinkette. Natsu could feel those onyx droopy-eyes boring to his soul. He hesitated and bit his lip. He opened his mouth once, then closes it again. 

"H-hey.. Ice-princess," The second Natsu called him, Gray immediately faced him. He doesn't know why, but...his neck sore from the sudden action as if a nerve was hit. God, that was stupid. He turned his head too fast that it must've have been from the whiplash. 

"What?" Gray lazily grumbled. 

"I need a favor," He said in an almost inaudible sound. Gray quirk a brow at him.

"What was that?" Gray asked.

"I said I need a favor!" He shouted. Gray's brow furrowed.

"Why don't you ask someone else?" Gray retorted.

"What do you think is the reason why I asked you? Do you want to tell me why?" Natsu retorts. Gray gave him a blank, uninterested look. And it pissed Natsu to the boot. Seems like he'll always keeps losing his shit if Gray is involve. He gives up. "Jellal's busy, Lyon's busy, Rogue doesn't have a car and I don't want to increase Sting's ego by asking him a favor," Natsu snorted. Gray rolled his eyes but he pauses.