Chapter 21

I shivered as I walked down the icy corridor. It took me a lot of willpower to prevent myself from warming myself up in any way. I tried to talk to my inner demon to get my mind of the cold.

'Hey.'

'(Y/N) what are you doing?!'

'I'm trying to reach the Holder without freezing my ass of, if it wasn't obvious.', I said as I rolled my eyes.

'Dude! Why did you agree on this?!'

'Why? Do you have something against the Holder or something?'

'Ugh... This is bad. Bad bad bad bad...', she said as she tapped her free hand on the floor (in my mind of 'course).

'Chill dude.', I said.

'Don't try making bad puns right now!'

'Pun?', I said, a little confused. Then I realized what she meant.
'Ohhh. Welp, I didn't mean that one.'

'Okay... okay...', she said as she calmed herself down.
'Just do everything I say and we'll be fine.'

'What's wrong with the Holder anyway?', I asked her. At this point, the walls were slightly shifting, making some images appear. I looked at the other side and saw terrible images of death. People freezing, their fingers crumbling from the cold. Exotic animals, crying for a hero to help them escape the cold's wrath.

'She's even more dangerous than the Holder of Bloom. She demands respect. By that, I mean she's gonna kill you at the moment you show a little act of disrespect, intentionally or not.'

'Dammit.', I replied, then sighed.
'Well, if it will help Jhoanna, then it would be worth it.'

"Ugh. All you ever cared for is Jhoanna.", a disembodied voice said, making me stop dead on my tracks.

"Who said that?", I asked no one in particular.

"I did.", it said again. I looked over to my right to see the images gone, but a figure took its place. It had (h/l) (h/c) hair, exactly like mine. Actually, she looks exactly like me. Except that I don't have pale blue skin.

I scanned her as she scoffed at me. She placed her hand on her hip and looked at me disapprovingly.

'Hey! Vexon said not to talk to your reflection!', my inner demon scolded.

'Oh right...', I replied as I looked away from my reflection, earning a gasp of annoyance and disgust from her.

"Hey! You can't just ignore me like that!!"

I stared straight, not bothering to pay attention to what my reflection was complaining about.

"Hey! Ugh... you little shit! You're useless! The Pastas will never treat you like one of them! They'll never accept you! Why are you even helping them?!", the reflection screamed at me, but I rolled my eyes and ignored her.

'She actually reminds me of you.', I told my inner demon.

'Drop it fuckface. I'm so much better than that little shit.', she scoffed.

'See? You both cuss really well.'

'Was that a compliment? I'm gonna take it as one.'

'Is it just me, or is it getting warmer?'

'Nah. You're just finally getting used to the cold.'

'Finally? Why? Am I suppose to get used to it a little earlier?', I said, a little annoyance mixing in my voice.