Chapter 24

It's been a day before the last golem incident we had. We were still hiking, staying in L.j.'s tent for the night. Nothing interesting happened, which in our case, is realĺy helpful. Sally came up to me and poked my side lightly.

"Hey (Y/N)?", she called out.

"Yeah?", I replied as we continue to walk with the group. I try my best not to fall back again, to avoid what happened last time.

"Vexon wanted me to give you this. I'm sorry I forgot...", she sweetly apologized as she pulled out a classic brown satchel from Tibbers' mouth. She gave it to me and I thanked her.

"It's okay. Don't worry about it.", I reassured her. She smiled brightly and we continued walking.

After the sun has set, we stayed at L.j.'s tent (as usual). I took a shower and grabbed a couple of sandwiches from the food table, which never seems to run out of food. Huh, well that's a good thing.

I sat down on the sleeping bag that Jhoanna gave us to sleep in. Remembering her still made me sad, but we're on our way to her, so that's a good thing. Yes, (Y/N), look on the bright side.

I decided to check the satchel that Sally gave to me. Well, technically, Vexon gave it to me but... ack nevermind. I sat down cross-legged on the sleeping bag. I bit my first sandwich and let it hang on my mouth as I opened the bag. The first thing I see is a small pistol-like gun. Attached to it is a note. It said:
                      'Hey (Y/N)! Yeah, I prepared this for you. Haha don't worry, I prepared some for your friends too. But yours is waaaaay cooler! You see this gun? Well, try shooting it to something. Trust me! :)'

Some text seems to be missing from the note. I fully bit my sandwich and let it rest on my leg. Turning the pistol around, I examined it. Looks pretty normal though. Like I said, it was small, and cute for that matter. I clicked the hammer (Note: The Hammer is the part that strikes the firing pin or the cartridge primer directly, detonating the primer which discharges the gun. Basically, it's the thingy at the end of the barrel that you pull so the gun will shot the bullet. :3) and thought of something to try  it on. Definitely not a person, no. Not yet. I have to try it on something... not alive I guess. I decided to try it on the sandwich. It's not alive anyway. I placed it in front of me and pointed the gun at it; I pulled the trigger and it shot a little purple ball of light to the sandwich. I set the pistol aside for a while and checked the sandwich. Well, it seemed that it absorbed the ball, no changes yet. I looked sideways to get the pistol back, and heard a pop! sound. I checked the sandwich again and saw that there's two of them in front of me already. I scowled and mumbled a 'What the fuck?', then I heard a scribbling sound. I checked the note again, and an invisible pen seems to be writing the rest of the note. 

      'Yes! It turns one thing into TWO things! Cool right? But it only lasts up to a minute or two. Sis didn't want to help me anymore. LOL haha XD. It's also safe to use on living stuff, like a person for example. Don't worry, I tried it on myself ;) Put it to good use!!'

I reread the note when it was done writing. I can't help to be amazed to what Vexon can do. Smiling to myself, I placed the gun and the note back in the bag and decided to check its contents again. A few knives, some round copper balls (The hell are these?) and a bunch of other stuff. Like Jhoanna's backpack, it seems to be magic. I know that since I managed to pull out a double-headed axe. Useful for cutting down trees... and people if I have too. Hahaha...

Satisfied on checking the bag, I set it aside at ate the sandwiches. Well, minus one since the copy of the first one disappeared, just like what the note said. I went to the table again to get a glass of water. I got one and drank its contents. Seeing that Sally was with L.j., I went back to the sleeping bag, knowing that he'll look after her. I rubbed my eyes and after a few minutes, I drifted off to sleep...