Chapter 22

I tried to catch my breath as an explosion occurred behind us.

"Whoah! Look's like you played with fire huh?", he said as he stood up. He held out his hand and I grabbed it, using it as a stand to help myself up. The flames that engulfed me seemed to get attracted to Vexon as they danced around my arm to his. He let go of my hand as soon as the flames are gone. I then tied the bag on my belt.

"What's happening?", I asked him.

"Oh not much. Only those little flying bombs.", he said as he ran back to the junkyard. I followed him to see that the little exploding balls like the ones from the mansion were scattered across the junkyard's plane. I lashed my whip and it hit three of those little pests. They exploded as soon as they came contact with it. The Pastas seem to have an easier time dealing with them rather than the Hellspawn, and the new weapons their using seem to help them cut those pests easier.

"Look! (Y/N)'s back!", L.j. said as he threw knives towards the nearest bomb, pinning them down a corrugated metal, and detonating them.

"Hey!", BEN greeted as he dodge a couple of dive-bombing balls and shot them afterwards with a golden gun-like blaster.

"You gave them that?", I asked Vexon.

"Of 'course I did. No one can forge weapons as sweet as I do.", he said as he brought out a gun from his tool belt and started shooting them down.

"Where's Slenderman?", I asked him as lashed my whip again to kill a flying ball., which exploded.

"They're trying to contact Jhoanna, since they received a Runecall a while after you left.", Vexon said as he reloaded his gun.

"What the hell is a Runeca- Wait. She did?", I asked in surprise, "So that means she's okay!!", I exclaimed.

"Yes. Looks like it.", Vexon said as he started shooting the balls again, "But she did say that you guys should hurry up. She said she heard a certain someone join Zalgo again. Damn... Sis ain't gonna be happy about that."

I whipped my lash again. feeling a little relieved knowing Jhoanna was still alive. I lashed at the balls with a little more energy this time, easily decreasing their numbers.

"Phew! I think that's all!", Hoodie said as Masky sliced the last ball with a golden hatchet.

"I'm gonna check Slenderman out.", I stated and BEN gave me a thumbs-up. Vexon pointed to the corner of the perimeter of the junkyard and I nodded. I ran to it and saw the Slenderbrothers drawing a rune.

"(Y/N)! Are you okay?", Splendy asked as he noticed me running to them.

"Yes I'm fine.", I answered quickly, "Jhoanna called?"

"Yes.", Slenderman answered, "She seems to have found a way to contact us using a Runecall."

"We're trying to establish a new connection to her again.", Trendorman said.

"What's a Runecall?", I asked.

"Hmm... Imagine a TV, but the TV is actually a portal-like rune traveling across the dimension so you can see what is happening to the other side.", Trendorman said.

"Basically, it's like a two-way video call that we use.", Splendy said. I nodded to show that I understand.

At this point, they seem to have drawn a rune with a bunny with buttons for its eyes. Slender held out a vial of black goo from his pocket and smashed it on the rune. The rune seemed to suck the goo from its lines, making it glow a radiant violet.

"Voco iterum.", Slenderman said in a language I can't understand. The rune glowed brighter this time, and sparks flew out from it. Fog clouded the rune as we stepped back to avoid getting hit by the sparks. The rune seperated itself from the ground and it floated in mid-air. The smoke cleared out after a couple of seconds and I saw a hooded figure sitting in the corner of what seems to be a cell. The figure was fidgeting with a gear-like object, staring out in space, like she was thinking deeply.