Chapter 23

They teleported away, with us in their tendrils' grasp. It was a very uncomfortable trip, and my thoughts on what the fuck happened to Vexon didn't help my stomach. I think I threw up...once. Hey, don't judge.

The Slendermen finally stopped, and I knelt down on the ground as soon as Splendy put me down.

"Are you okay (Y/N)?", Splendy asked me with concern

"Nevermind me.... what...happened.....to...Vexon?", I asked between heavy breaths as I try to regain my normal breathing.

"He... well... bought us more time.", Splendy said. I could tell that he struggled to find the right words.

"We have...to go...back..."

"There is no use child. We cannot defrost a Holder's ice.", Splendy said in a sad voice.

I was going to argue with him, or anyone for that matter, until Splendy placed his hand on my shoulder and spoke softly.
"The only way we can help him is by winning this war (Y/N). The sooner we go, the sooner he'll be freed. Jhoanna's life is also in danger if I might add."

I paused for a moment, trying to figure out what to say. I still want to reason with him, but I can't find the right words to say, to show my frustration, my despair. In response, I ended up pounding my fist on the dry ground hard, probably giving myself some scratches, but none of that matter now. I slowly stood up, and sighed.

"Where are we going next?", Hoodie asked.

"We need to go north, to Deacat's Maze.", I said as I placed my hand on Hoodie's shoulder and tapped it twice.

"Let's go then. I wanna see Smile again.", Jeff said.

"Where is he by the way?", BEN asked as he floated down beside Jeff.

"I left him with Liu's temporarily. I can't bring his with us.", Jeff answered.

"You and Liu good now or something?", BEN asked as he lied down on his back while floating.

"Fuck no.", Jeff growled, "But Liu won't hurt Smile."
BEN nodded his head.

That was probably the only conversation the group had while walking. Or maybe I was just blanking out or something. Because of exhaustion? Sleepiness? I was always sleep-deprived, even back at home. I always end up surfing 9gag, or maybe Reddit, until 2 or 3 am. Classes start at 7, so you can just imagine how much sleep I get.

Maybe because I was thinking of something, or the fact that I'm telling you unnecessary facts that will never be related to the story, that I didn't notice the rock on my way, causing my to stumble over it, but not enough to actually make me fall.

"The fuck is this?", I mumbled as I went to check out the stone. Actually, it wasn't just a stone, like the ones you kick until you get tired of it,  since it had some markings over it. I ran my hand on its surface, feeling the cold surface beneath my skin. It was relaxing in a way, like when you find a fluffy towel and just rubbed it your face.

"What are you doing?", somebody said suddenly behind me, making me flinch in surprise. Also, making me push the stone downwards to the dirt, which where it sank down, like a button. Also, I have no fucking idea how much I fucked up that time, until something creaked loudly, and a pair of blue glowing eyes shone from the patch of dirt I was sitting next too.

"Ahh shit.", the guy who was behind me, which turns out to be Toby, mumbled.

We ran while screaming as a giant golem-like thing erupted from the ground. And I was pretty sure another one followed it. It was at least 7 foot tall, holding a club.