Chapter 26

"Crashing?! Why are we going to-- AHH!!", Jeff didn't get to finish his sentence as the floor shifted to the right, making us tumble and slam to each other.

"A bird got in the way!", L.j. laughed, "Everybody just stay calm. Everything will be completely fine. I just need you to brace yourselves as--"

CRASH!!

==Flashback==

L.j. was lying down on top of the balloon. He was enjoying the fresh air caress his face as they flew. He knows that he should look after the balloon, or anything that might harm the balloon. After all, it is carrying him and his friends. But even though it crashes, L.j. was confident the basket can handle the impact, even from this height. He made it after all. He smiled at this thought as he closed his eyes, the whistling of the wind was like a lullaby to him, relaxing him as he fell asleep.

Some time later, he found the wind whipping his hair violently, completely different from what he was used to a while ago. He sat up from his position and saw an onyx feather flying towards him at a great speed. He caught the feather with his fingers as it was about to pierce his face. He twirled the metal feather around his hand as he stood up, meeting a black-winged girl in front of him.

"Hey!", he greeted, earning a punch from the girl. He caught her hand and twisted it.
"Do you know that it's rude to punch someone who's talking to you?", he asked. The girl glared at him and kicked his chest, forcing L.j. to let go of her hand.

"I don't have time for this...", she stated as she took a spherical thing from her belt and threw it at the basket. Seeing this, L.j. jumped from his spot and stretched his hand to catch the thing before it reached the basket. He landed on the basket and looked at the thing. It was the size of an apple, and it has a glass surface. L.j. looked up to the female, who stuck her tongue at him and flew away laughing. He turned his attention back at the glass ball, seeing something swirling inside, like a bunch of tornadoes was forced inside, trying to escape their prison. The glass began to crack, and L.j. threw it as far as he can from the basket. The glass ball shattered, the wind demons inside unleashed their fury in every direction. Unfortunately, the balloon was in its way, so it was blown away harshly. L.j. held on the basket's railing. The balloon tilted to one side, throwing some things off-board. Just about the time it calmed down, a smiling tadpole-like thing that looked too familiar to him rolled to his foot. He tried to pick it up, but it rocketed upwards, going inside the balloon. L.j. eyes widen as it exploded there. damaging the whole balloon, ripping it. He quickly poofed to his friends' quarters to warn them.

==Present==

The crash was devastating, but miraculously, I survived. Take that bad luck! HAH!

I groaned as I tried sitting up, it was darker than usual, then I realized. Of 'course! We're currently buried under a ton of rubble! I tried calling out to everyone.

"Everyone okay?", I said. I earned a few grunts from some of them.

"Oh I'm fine... Except for the fact that WE'RE BURIED UNDER A SHIT TON OF RUBBLE FROM TH--" BEN said sarcastically but was cut of by Sally.

"Don't worry! We'll get out of here!", she cheered, "L.j.? Can you poof this thing away again?"

"Of 'course I can dear!", L.j. answered.

"Well do it then!!", I complained.

He laughed at our complaining and with his signature poof!, the rubble disappeared.

"That'll will consume a lot of space. Remind me to fix it when we get home.", L.j. said.

"If we ever get home, that is.", Jeff said as he sat up from the floor. Leave it to Jeff to be the pessimist.