Chapter 34.25- EYELESS JACK

"Can I borrow that phone again?", the cannibal asked the mini-Isabelle as he removed his mask and stuff it inside his hoodie's pocket.

She laughed. "Nope~"

"Useless bitch...", he scoffed. Mini-Isabelle blew a raspberry.

The two misfits continued walking to the moist, dark corridor, occasionally throwing insults at each other.

"Sooooo, are you like one of Deacat's servants or something?", E.j. questioned the demon.

"Don't say that! I'm a very independent demon thank you very much!", mini-Isabelle angrily replied, clearly defensive.

"Why are you stuck in this maze then?", E.j. scoffed with a smirk.

Mini-Isabelle paled. "I-I-I lost... I lost a bet...", she sighed sadly. "I cannot leave the maze."

"Soooo this place is like a prison of some sort?", E.j. asked.

"If you put it that way, I guess so...", she sighed. "I've always wanted to see the sun again..."

E.j. felt awkward. He didn't feel like making fun on mini-Isabelle after that, so they just continued walking along the dark moist corridor.

"Hey Jack."

"Yeah?"

"Are you gay?", mini-Isabelle asked with a completely straight face.

E.j. laughed. "Are you kidding me?", he asked.

"No Jack. I'm not.", Isabelle said seriously.

"Well, for your information I am no- SON OF A BITCH!", E.j. cursed as he tripped on something squishy. He quickly stood up, brushing himself while looking at the object he tripped on.

"You're not a son of a bitch? Well I'm sure you're mother was a very nice lady Jack, but you didn't answer my question.", mini-Isabelle said.

E.j.'s eyes widened, realizing what he tripped on. He quickly kicked the object away from them, and he started running.

"Hey! Wait up! What's going on?!", the miniature demon asked as she flew beside the cannibal.

"I'll answer your question later man. We have to get away from here fir-"

A faint explosion interrupted him. Mini-Isabelle looked at E.j. in confusion.

"What was that?!"

"No time! Just run!"

The two of them continued running for a few minutes. They both stopped when they heard a few faint explosions behind them.

"What was that? Is something following us?", the demon asked E.j.

A loud cracking sound was heard. E.j. looked up in time to dodge a stalactite falling directly on their heads. E.j. coughed and fanned the dust away as he continued to run away from the debris.

Another set of a few explosions echoed again. E.j. ran faster to avoid being crushed by the falling rocks.

E.j. can now hear the explosions beginning to appear more frequently. He began to think what could he be dealing this time. Of course, there are bombs, and they seemed to be planted above him, on the cavern ceiling. So every time they detonate, a stalactite comes crashing down on him.

Going back certainly not an option here anymore. The way has been blocked by the debris, so he continued to run. Run to the end of the corridor at least.

He jumped in a room just as a stalactite fell near him, missing him by a few inches. He got up and looked around. The room was dark, just like the corridors of the maze, but he could hear something. Something quite familiar to him, but he doesn't quite remember what it is.