Chapter 28.5

Yeah, I've been adding a lot of .5 chapters lately, I know.
=======================
The blonde lady led Masky to a manor, a manor with walls painted pastel purple and windows glided with gold. There were some drum-like things along the path. Masky managed to look at one as they passed by. He saw still-burning coals, but instead of red fire, it was burning blue fire. Needless to say, it was still burning. He could feel the heat from where he was standing.

They continued walking along the path leading to the front door of the manor. The blonde lady simply pushed the door open and asked Masky to come in. Masky did what he was told. He looked around, nothing else was there except for pillows, mountains of pillows were scattered everywhere. Unlit lanterns were hanging from the walls, and a big chandelier was floating in the middle of the room.

"I apologize if the place looks depressing~ The apprentices are not safe here~", The blonde woman said with her sweet voice. She hid her tails a while ago, so Masky can clearly see her better, unlike when she was covered with her nine fluffy tails.

"Apprentices? You mean those-"

"Yep! The girls we helped a while ago. Zalgo sent Hellspawn after them, and she asked me to help them~", the blonde lady explained.

"Who's 'she'?", Masky said with an eyebrow raised.

"Oh you'll meet her soon enough~", Lux laughed as she led Masky upstairs to a spacious room.

"DEACAT! I'm back!", the blonde woman said as she threw open the doors of the room.

The room was full of pillows. Pillows were scattered everywhere, and it was slightly hard to walk on. A huge amount of pillows were piled on the middle of the room.

A white-haired woman grumbled as her sleep was interrupted by none other than her best friend.
"Lux, please. I'm sleeping here."

"Oh, but I brought a friend!", Lux said as she pushed Masky forward. Deacat lifted her head from the pile of pillows she was sleeping on.

"Again?", she asked. Lux nodded enthusiastically.

"You're name is Lux?", Masky asked. Lux laughed softly.

"Yes dear. And that's my partner, Deacat~", she said as she pointed to the white-haired woman.

"Deacat?", Masky repeated. He turned to Deacat. "Like the Demon of Magic Slenderman was ta-"

"Great.", Deacat sighed. "You're one of his proxies? Here to ask for a goddamn favor again?", she said as she rolled her eyes.

"Oh Deacat, don't be so down~", Lux giggled, "The boy did something for me, and I just wanted to return the favour."

"Why didn't you ask me to do it? Oh that's right, I don't do anything for anyone.", Deacat deadpanned. "What did she make you do anyway?", she asked Masky.

"I helped her take these other people to a Rune. She said she can't do it by herself.", Masky answered casually.

"So they're safe now?", Deacat asked Lux.

"Yep!~", she answered.

Deacat sighed. "Good. Now what do you want? I feel kind today.", Deacat said.

"I want my brother back.", Masky said.

"I'm done bringing people back to life.", Deacat said as she buried her face back on the pile of pillows surrounding her.

"You said she would...!", Masky screamed-whispered at Lux. Lux smiled sweetly and gracefully walked to the sorceress. She jumped to the pillows and hugged Deacat from behind and smiled.