Chapter 20

Clari's POV:

The next few days went by with working hard on the song and the choreography, but most of the time Diego was late which made me worried and annoyed the others.

- Is he late again? - asked Ren, sounding pretty frustrated.

- Seems like it - sighed Marco - And he doesn't pick up his phone either.

- Try to call him again - I said - I'm sure he's coming! This is important to him as well!

- But then Little Lamb... - Ren turned to me - Can you explain why is he always late?

- I uh... I don't know...

- Hm... I see. Well... We can't wait for him forever - he said - How about we start?

And just as he asked that Diego fell in through the door.

- Sorry, everyone! - he panted.

- Is your precious work over, Ramosito? - Ren questioned on a pretty cold tone - We're sick of waiting for you.

- Let's start then! - Diego said immediately.

----- TIME SKIP -----

I'm getting seriously worried now as this time Diego didn't come at all.

- Okay, I think that's enough - said Rodrigo - He isn't going to come.

- He must be thinking he's special - sighed Ren.

- Wait! I-I'm pretty sure he has a reason... For being late...

- Oh really? - asked Pablo - Do you know the reason?

- I uh...

At this moment Ren walked to the door...

- We had enough for today - he said then he simply walked away and shortly after him Rodrigo and Dominguez walked out as well, leaving me, Marco and Pablo alone.

- Clari... Do you know anything about Diego? If yes you need to tell us...

- I-I'm sorry... - I muttered.

- Clari...

I can't tell them... I promised...

----------

- Clari... I'm really sorry for calling you here this late - said Diego after we met up on the academy's roof in the middle of the night.

- It's okay... Don't worry about it - I smiled - I couldn't sleep anyway... But why did you call me here?

- I wanted to talk to you about my secret...

- Oh!

- Clara... Since I'll be working together with you and the others... I might gonna be late because of the other jobs I'm getting as Sebastian... And you need to keep this in secret!

- B-But Diego...!

- Clari, please...

- Will you be able to do both at the same time?

- I could do it before and I'm sure I'll be fine now too - he smiled - Don't worry...

I sighed.

He didn't seem to know what to do at first, but then he walked closer to me, placed both his hands on my cheeks and kissed my forehead softly.

- Huh!

- Please... You're the only one I can count on right now...

- Okay... Okay... - I muttered while I could barely handle my blushing.

- Thank you! - he said as he smiled then he hugged me.

----------

You might would call me crazy after knowing all the rules, but I did fall in love with him...

And I want to make him happy with whatever I can... Even if it means to keep his secret from the others.

Diego will have to tell them the truth soon anyway...