Chapter 39

As me and Ren hopped into the limo he gave the address to the driver...

- This is a refugee camp's address - he said immediately.

- Just as I thought - I sighed.

- Good. Take us there - Ren demanded and we headed off there.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Within 30-35 minutes we were in place and as we got out of the car I began to feel a bit nervous for some reason.

- Are you okay? - Ren asked as soon as he saw my nervousness.

- Yes... Yes, I'm fine - I sighed deeply - Let's go in!

Since Ren didn't know what else to do, or say he decided to follow me quietly as I went into the building of refugee camp.

Looking around everyone seemed so helpless and... Well, you might can imagine what it is like in an unknown city, escaping from death and war.

Anyway...

Soon a young girl came up to me...

- Can I help you mylady? Sir?

- Uh, yes! Can you help me in finding someone?

- Unfortunately we don't really keep up with people by names.

- Oh dear... - Ren sighed behind me.

- But if I show you a picture of the person I'm looking for...

- I'll try to help you, but I can't promise anything.

- Wait... Do you have a picture too?! - Ren gasped.

- Shut up! - I groaned while I showed the girl a pic of Aymen and luckily she seemed to recognize him right away.

- Yes, I know him! So far maybe the nicest and the most calm person of all.

- That sounds like him... - I mumbled.

- Come with me! - said the girl as she took us to outside the building's garden, where some people were sitting at tables, or in the grass.

As soon as we stepped out one person jumped up immediately.

It was him.

- Clarita! Is that you?! - he gasped.

All I could do was to nod while he came closer to me and hugged me tightly.

I met him in person only once before... And I feel like I'm living that moment again...

My heart is pounding really fast.... I'm so happy to see him again and in one piece.

After a while of hugging he suddenly spoke up...

- You didn't tell me you're gonna take your boyfriend with you.

- What?? Who?! - I gasped as we let go of each other.

- I think he's talking about me - Ren laughed behind me.

- No, no! He's not my boyfriend! - I finally replied after blushing like mad - He's only a friend of mine... And my colleague as well.

- Colleague?

- So much have happened since the last time we talked properly - I smiled at the confused Aymen.

- Then now talk to me!

----- TIME SKIP -----

We sat down somewhere that we can be a little alone and then Aymen told us about how he could barely get out of death and now he's literally stuck here.

- I see... And how about your family? - I asked.

- They're also fine. They went on another way to somewhere safe with my father - he replied.

- And why didn't you go with them? - Ren asked this time.

- Eh... This is kinda awkward, but... - he mumbled and he seemed really embarrassed - I wanted to see Clari again and since there was a chance to meet her again...

- You're so adorable, you know that? - I giggled as I hugged him again.

- Heeey...

- Ren... - I turned to him.

- Yes?

- Do you think the boss would allow him to live with us for a while?

- What? - gasped Aymen.

- Well... I don't think he'd be bothered by him - Ren replied awkwardly.

Then I turned back to Aymen again.

- Well? What do you say? Would you come with us? - I asked - We have more than enough space for you and I'm sure the others will like you as well!

- Uh... Well, if you really want to... Then alright - he smiled.

Ren didn't seem so impressed by my idea at first, but as we continued talking he seemed to like him as well which made me really happy....