Chapter Twenty Eight - The Attempt

Cathy's POV

"I didn't know Pinkie was pullin' pranks and stuff on Carie." Foxy says

"Oui. Pinkie would always pull pranks and other things on Carie before you arrived." Bonne says

"Yeah, but I thought Carie didn't mind. I didn't know that she was just buildin' up her anger like that." I say.

"Um, lass who be standin' behind ye?" Foxy asks.

"I'm Layla and I need to borrow my sister for a while."

Before I could even turn around, I was teleported into a messy room. And I couldn't stop with my questions.

"Layla, what am I doin' here? Where have you been for the past few years? What's goin' on? Is everyone okay? What- mmmmmmm." Layla covers my mouth."

"Enough questions. Pinkie... well look for yourself."

I look over to where Pinkie was. She lyin' on the floor in blood with a rust ol' knife in her hands. "No she didn't..." I started to tear up.

"Yes she did..."

"And we need your help to bring her back." Phoebe (aka Shadow Carie) says.

"Why me?"

"Because we need the whole family to do this."

"I ain't related to y'all. Or am I?"

"Yes you are. No time to explain. What we need to do is hold hands and get in a circle around here like this." Phoebe says.

We do so.

"Woah woah woah. Are we about some magic stuff that ya usually see in movies?" I ask.

"Yep pretty much. All of you have to repeat after me. Qui nos omnipotens Spiritus vita sancta et pura fuerit. Petimus autem ingens favor. Ad redde condentur amicus. Unum habitorum. Incolumem servare vovemus. Petimus ut." (It's Latin. Why? Cuz Latin is a badass language that some languages came from.)

"How am I supposed to remember that?" Carie asked.

"You will trust me. Now everyone close your eyes and say the words with us. And no matter what happens DO NOT open your eyes. If you do, Pinkie will never wake up." Layla states.

We all close our eyes and say the words Phoebe told us to say. "Qui nos omnipotens Spiritus vita sancta et pura fuerit. Petimus autem ingens favor. Ad redde condentur amicus. Unum habitorum. Incolumem servare vovemus. Petimus ut."

At the moment we finished, I opened my eyes and looked down at Pinkie, who was layin' there.

"Did it work?" I asked.

"I don't know. Only if it accepts our request." Says Phoebe. "It'll be exactly 24 hours until we know. If she doesn't wake up this time tomorrow, she's gone forever."

I feel as if this chapter was a bit weird but whatever, hope you enjoyed.

Peace out!