Ch. 49: Be My Baby

Ashley's P.O.V

His lips felt cold and strange against mine. I can't say they were unfamiliar, since this isn't the first time he's kissed me, but overall it still felt strange. I never liked kissing him. Not that he's a bad kisser or anything, because I'm sure to other girls he was excellent, while they had butterflies swirling in there stomach's. But not mine. Our lips together never felt right. The fire and heat I felt when my lips kissed Diego's was never present with Ryan. They never felt perfect, harmonic, nor in sync, but more like out of distortion, but of course Ryan never felt that, only I did, and that's possibly because I wasn't in love with him.

His hands cupped my face, as he continued kissing me, my hands staying still by my sides. I felt my knees grow weak but obviously not because I was enjoying this, no. My knees grew weak because I held fear. Fear for what was to come. Fear for my future. I know I let this upon myself because I didn't know how to control the situation well enough or open my mouth to let someone know, then again it was that same fear of saying something that kept my mouth shut. My fear for Ryan has simply made me late to tell Diego the truth, and now there is nothing I can do anymore. I can only protect him as much as possible, even if that meant him hating me for the rest of his life, even if that meant I'd loose the love of my life forever, and hurt him with an unforgivable pain. I only wish him the best.

The simple thought of hurting and loosing him even more than I already have makes my heart want to jump out of my chest. The thought of him moving on with someone else, because he thinks the worst of me with all of Ryan's lies and never finding out he has a child with me is unbearable. Thinking of him marrying another chick, falling in love once more with someone better suited for him, possibly having future kids with that one future girl makes my heart ache. But what options do I have? None. Do I want the love of my life dead because of my fault, and never see him again? Or do I want him with breathe still pumping through his lungs and living on Earth. I'm pretty sure I want him alive, even if that means receiving hate from him for the rest of my life. I'd rather see him through distance, than Ryan laying a single finger on him.

Ryan gently pulls away from me, a huge grin planted on his face, as he reaches for my hand, entwining his fingers with mine. Mentally I swat his hand away, but in reality I know that no longer is an option. Here I was, succumbed to his plans, and never in a million years would I have known I'd be in this situation.

I swipe my tear stains on my cheeks with the sleeve of my sweater, and sniff one last time, before taking in a deep breathe and later on exhaled. This was happening. It was really happening. Ryan looks at me once more, analyzing me, before pressing a firm kiss to my forehead.

"Don't worry. Everything is going to be ok. I promise." He says softly.

I simply nod, as he tugs on my hand gently, for me to follow him downstairs where my family and Zayn still sat in the dining table utterly confused. Once they heard our footsteps making there way towards them, they all looked up at us, all eyes landing on our entwined hands.

"Remember what I told you, or else." Ryan whispers ever so softly, that only I can hear.

I look at Ryan, chills running down my core at his words, his threat to be exact. I looked down at the floor, shuffling my feet nervously, as I tried recollecting my voice. I honestly didn't want to look at my family members sitting right in front of me right now, but I knew I had to face them soon with this new lie for my loved ones sake. For this child and Diego.

Silence overcame the entire dining room, no one saying a single word as I felt eyes piercing right through me. I felt Ryan gently squeeze my hand impatiently, clearly his patience running low with my silence. I looked up at him once more, trying to give him the most pleading look, but his smile never disappeared his lips. I tore my gaze away from his handsome features, and grabbed courage to look up at my parents. My father was now angry, yet his eyes still held the dissapointment I had seen, my mother being in the verge of tears. Daphne held confusion, seeking an explanation, whilst Zayn tried reading me, not buying any shit Ryan had said previously.